Throttle up/down (Joystick) not working

Valkenswaard

Hello everybody,

First let me say what a fantastic sim this is. I've been with DCS, and Lock On before that, right from the start but never went active in the community up until now to my regret.

I have a Logitech RumblePad 2 for when I'm flying just for fun an always have the Thrust up/down binded to keys on the pad (which works perfectly on the other DCS modules). Now in the settings for Mig-21bis you can bind Throttle Up and Down (Joystick), but it does not seem to work. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something obvious?

greets

Valk

Did you release the throttle before trying to move it?

Yes.

It's not a big issue overall but it still strikes me as a bug.

When pressing the throttle up button (or down respectively) on my pad (which is mapped to throttle up/down (joystick)) i get the typical button "click" sound in a loop. But the throttle lever in the cockpit does not move (throttling up with the keybord command works fine by the way).

I can only map the throttle up/down (joystick) command to my pad, not the normal throttle up/down command which seems to be only mappable to the keybord.

Could this be a bug? Right now I use the logitech gaming software to simulate the keybord command on my pad which works fine.

greets

Valken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Throttle up/down (Joystick) not working

Same problem with a Logitech F710 gamepad. I use the exact same keyboard/gamepad setup for the Saber 86F and I have no problem setting the thrust with the pad. I'm guessing there's a bug or a function preventing it.

Hi, guys!

I'm having the same problem like what valkenswaard is having too. I got the throttle up/down (joystick) mapped to one of the buttons on the joystick, I release the throttle, I get the typical button "click" sound in a loop, and the throttle lever in the cockpit does not move, and the throttling up with the keyboard command works fine. Any solutions to this problem? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

I am having the same problem, but I do have a workaround. I am using an Xbox One controller with my left/right bumpers as my throttle up/down. I also get the looping "click" sound.

You can use Xpadder. Just open it before you fly, and set your throttle up/down buttons as the proper keyboard command for throttle. You can save those two buttons as a profile for your controller/joystick and then all you will have to do in the future is open it up.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpadder/

Basically the program just takes joystick/gamepad inputs and fakes them to the system as keyboard/mouse commands.

I am having the same problem, but I do have a workaround. I am using an Xbox One controller with my left/right bumpers as my throttle up/down. I also get the looping "click" sound.

You can use Xpadder. Just open it before you fly, and set your throttle up/down buttons as the proper keyboard command for throttle. You can save those two buttons as a profile for your controller/joystick and then all you will have to do in the future is open it up.

Basically the program just takes joystick/gamepad inputs and fakes them to the system as keyboard/mouse commands.

This is THE solution to the problem!!! Works perfectly for my Logitech F710 wireless gamepad. A small work around but at least you don't have to open any config files or start editing .lua code. Thanks again!!

I use the same workaround with the Logitech Gaming Software. I even use it with the other planes. Otherwise i'd have to enable and disable the software whenever changing planes.

Still it would be nice not to have to use a surplus software running in the background.

• 1 month later...