After update, no effect when editing Views.lua

White Owl

I just bought the F-86 module a few days ago. One of the first things I did to fine tune it to my tastes was edit Views.lua so the max FOV wasn't so huge. It worked, no problem.

After yesterday's update, I tried editing Views.lua again... and nothing I change in that file appears to have any effect at all ingame. I tried the file in the old aircrafts folder, and I also tried the file in the new aircraft folder. I thought maybe something moved to the saved games folder, so I looked there but found nothing that appeared to influence view settings.

What changed? What am I missing? :huh:

Edit: As an experiment, I just removed the Views.lua file and started a mission. The game displayed the default views behavior, and did not create a new Views.lua to replace the one I removed. So this confirms the F-86 is definitely no longer using that file. So where is the view config now?

Edit #2: I edited Server.lua, the default_fighter_player(t) CameraViewAngleLimits, and it also has no effect on the F-86.

Edited by White Owl

This is bizarre.

It's working now! Good!

Why didn't it work before? I am extremely certain I edited and saved Views.lua exactly the same way as before the update; the same way I just tried again and is now working.

Anyway, problem appears resolved. You can probably get rid of this thread.

Just to add to the mystery, in hopes that if any other person ever experiences the same problem then maybe this little thread can help them figure it out...

After today's update, once again I'm back to the default max FOV, and editing Views.lua does not have any apparent effect.

Just to add to the mystery, in hopes that if any other person ever experiences the same problem then maybe this little thread can help them figure it out...

After today's update, once again I'm back to the default max FOV, and editing Views.lua does not have any apparent effect.

Same problem here.

I confirm, the same here.

Also, even after this update the headtracker file from input folder is bugged at the first line and headtracking with Freetrack is not working without editing out first line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

OK, I solved it by editing a new view.lua file that is located here:

DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F-86\view.lua

it is a pure copy of the one located in Mods folder... I think ED is moving some core partner planes to that new folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There appears to be a link between the CoreMods file and the Mods file.

If you change the info in the CoreMods/Aircraft/F-86/views.lua then it makes the corresponding change in the Mods/Aircraft/F-86/views.lua.

If you remove the views.lua file from the Mods folder, it puts a lock symbol on the views.lua file in the CoreMods folder.

Interesting!