DCS: Vampire and DCS: Meteor Classic Jets Collection Announcement!

Ells228

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, England. 19 September 2014

VEAO Simulations Ltd are excited to announce that we are in contract to produce two British iconic jet aircraft for DCS; the Dehavilland Vampire and the Gloster Meteor within our Classic Jets Collection.

Vampire

The Dehavilland Vampire is a classic British jet which actually made its first flight in 1943, The variant we will be focusing on initially is the Fb5, a single seat fighter bomber which served with the RAF and a variety of other countries. Capable of carrying a variety of bombs or rockets or being equipped with fuel tanks for extra range, this twin boom fighter was utilised in the Royal Air Force for over a decade in a variety of roles including being the first jet powered aircraft to complete a carrier landing!

The Vampire saw combat in Malaya with the RAF as well as many smaller conflicts around the world with other air forces.

With a range of over 1200 miles the Vampire was a versatile and capable aircraft and we look forward to being able to present her to you in 2015!

Meteor

The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter. Taking its first flight in 1943 the Meteor saw combat in World War 2 firstly with 616 Squadron. With nearly 4000 produced the affectionately nicknamed "Meatbox" due to its interesting aerodynamic behaviour was a favourite amongst fighter pilots for years.

Commonly mistaken for an Me262 in flight, the Meteor claimed over 40 confirmed kills during the war so can you survive the gauntlet of being the first to engage the enemy successfully in combat?

We will be focussing on the F3 Variant of the Meteor, armed with 4 x 20mm cannons and a variety of bombs and rockets the Meteor is capable of completing a variety of missions.

Give yourself the chance to fly the first operational Allied Jet aircraft. We look forward to bringing the Gloster Meteor to DCS in 2015!

Development Team

The Vampire and Meteor will both be fully interactive Advanced Systems Modelled (ASM) cockpits and External Flight Models (EFM) to Professional level.

New forums will be opened up shortly so keep an eye out for the first iterations of eye candy.

We also have a new team set up to deliver these iconic aircraft and future aircraft in the collection, so as not to impede work on existing and other future projects.

Chris, Pete and the Classic Jets Collection Team.

About the Vampire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Vampire

300px-Vampire_t11_wz507_g-vtii_cotswoldairshow_2010_arp.jpg

About the Meteor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor

300px-Gloster_Meteor_F.4_VT340_Fairey_Ringway_21.07.55_edited-2.jpg

Just to follow on to Chris' post above its a great day for DCS.

Work is beavering away on these aircraft already and I look forward to being able to show you some nice stuff goodies in the near future.

When the new sub forums are up I will do the normal Q&A etc so you can all ask those burning questions :)

Pman

Seriously?! How about getting one aircraft out before announcing what else is in the pipeline.

Hi Jay,

The teams are completely seperate, The staff that are working on these cant help with the problem with the Hawk or speed up development of the other aircraft in production.

We actually have nearly 30 staff on various projects now, but due to the way modules are developed more people doesnt mean that something is done faster.

You can see development for P-40F and Bearcat has been going along quite nicely while Hawk is on the verge of release aside from one last bug :mad:

Typhoon is in the middle of a major re-model but expect to see alot more of that in 2015

Pman

Seriously?! How about getting one aircraft out before announcing what else is in the pipeline.

What a gem of philosophical wisdom!

VEAO have been excellent at communicating progress, and announcing future projects. What exactly is your beef? You'd prefer unfinished, buggy, amateurish module releases?

Do you know of any successful business that doesn't plan future projects, and keep their customer base informed?

Cool cool! :) More early jets will lead to more interesting mission possibilities! Both are interesting aircraft from their period, and have seen widespread service all over the world.

On a side note, I am super eagerly awaiting for official announcement and forum opening for A-4C and A-4M ;)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Cool cool! :) More early jets will lead to more interesting mission possibilities! Both are interesting aircraft from their period, and have seen widespread service all over the world.

On a side note, I am super eagerly awaiting for official announcement and forum opening for A-4C and A-4M ;)

We're currently not in contract officially for those two although they are being developed at the moment.

There is a bigger picture for the SkyHawk and other aircraft and map that need to be agreed first ;)

All in due course....

For this kind of behaviour we have so rare ED updates. So, let's not repeat previous mistakes.

Those two historical jets deserves for sure a special place in DCS. I am eager to fly at least one of them.

I start to see that in 2 years from now on the sims market will be split half/half with all others.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Well we have expanded massively since the beginning of year, we have nearly 30 people working on DCS.

2 more I am actually looking to get in contract this week :)

It is alot of work to get these modules out, of that there is no doubt, but someone spare a thought for me! I have to manage all of this haha!

Anyone that wants some degree of insight as to what the future holds should have a look at our dev roadmap :)

Pman

Oooh! Will the Vampire come with a Sea Vampire option?

The RAAF flew Meteor's in Korea ... so the era's are starting to flesh out for this most excellent Sandbox sim. :thumbup:

WTG VEAO!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Oooh! Will the Vampire come with a Sea Vampire option?

The RAAF flew Meteor's in Korea ... so the era's are starting to flesh out for this most excellent Sandbox sim. :thumbup:

WTG VEAO!

SeaVampire is something that we may look at separately in the future

Pman