DCS: Vampire and DCS: Meteor Classic Jets Collection Announcement!

Ells228

Ooooh.

A Vampire is certainly very cool, notably because I get one of the only two in the UK flying overhead on a fairly regular basis, so I'll be nice to flap about in it rather than just see (or more commonly, hear) it.

The Meteor is going to be very fun, especially when ED release the ME262 at some point next year. I take it VEAO are in contact with Martin Baker to get some current info on the aircraft then?

Ooooh.

A Vampire is certainly very cool, notably because I get one of the only two in the UK flying overhead on a fairly regular basis, so I'll be nice to flap about in it rather than just see (or more commonly, hear) it.

The Meteor is going to be very fun, especially when ED release the ME262 at some point next year. I take it VEAO are in contact with Martin Baker to get some current info on the aircraft then?

All I can say is that we have some very good resources at our disposal for both aircraft :)

But for commercial reasons I can't go into that, yet.

Pman

Great news guys. I would like to put you couple questions if you dont mind. How many years of development do you need to release these modules? Why did you actually choose these variants? Will be possible to fly your Meteor F.3 against Me262 from WWII Europe 44 project?

The same question for Vampire FB.V. Will possible to fly it alongside with Belsimtek F-86F Sabre against MiG-15bis?

Thank you guys. I am really looking foward to Vampire FB.5, its really interesting aircraft even when we will not a chance in aircombat against MiG-15s.

Pilot of the CSAF - TL RAVEN

[sIGPIC]TL RAVEN logo[/sIGPIC]

Holy crap, that's much more than I expected. Awesome to hear!

Yup, that's why we can have a number of projects on the go with very little impact on each other :)

As a business we have to look at the coming years and we realised some time ago that we couldn't only work as a team or 3-5 and expect to release modules quickly enough to support a free standing business. Hence our strategy.

Pman

From my point of view, its excellent news and both the Vampire and the Meteor are very intresting, specially the Meteor against the Me262 but also against the piston planes.

The problem is will we have some time for our lives, wifes, children and friends with so many modules to choose from?:joystick:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I had my doubts about some of that info posted about the Meteor (having done some research on them myself in the past), so I asked my learned friends and got this response (which one of them quoted from elsewhere):

In March, the entire squadron was moved to Gilze-Rijen and then in April, to Nijmegen. The Meteors flew armed reconnaissance and ground attack operations without encountering any German jet fighters. By late April, the squadron was based at Faßberg, Germany and suffered its first losses when two aircraft collided in poor visibility. The war ended with the Meteors having destroyed 46 German aircraft through ground attack.

Meteors were forbidden to go over Germany for fear of getting shot down and secrets stolen.

The only air to air kills were 14 V1 flying bombs shot down

:music_whistling:

Can't wait for Meteor vs. Me 262, and the Vampire is my favourite early post-war jet.

Good luck VEAO!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Fantastic, I look forward to attempting the zurabatic cartwheel in the meteor and failing spectacularly. Don't suppose there's any chance of the english electric lightning is there? A good sparring partner for the mig 21, and I wouldn't mind out climbing f15's.

You'll be happy to here it has already been confirmed. :thumbup:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127100

Welcome to the forum.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Awesome news...

Maybe HMS Ocean (R68 ) for touch and goes for the Vampire???

Okey it was a Sea Vamp but so what..

Thanks a lot man, should be fun even though it gets only 2 crappy missiles joystick.gif

So does the Mig-21bis and the F-86....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks a lot man, should be fun even though it gets only 2 crappy missiles :joystick:

Yeah but what a ride it will be to scream into the hotzone, fire them both off and run back to base to re arm ;) Not sure which version we are getting, it is sure to be great fun whichever.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]