DCS: Vampire and DCS: Meteor Classic Jets Collection Announcement!

Ells228

Awesome news...

Maybe HMS Ocean (R68 ) for touch and goes for the Vampire???

Okey it was a Sea Vamp but so what..

So does the Mig-21bis and the F-86....

Yes but at least they have a choice of armament, like bombs and rockets etc. The lightning is stuck with either 2 early rear-aspect ir missiles, or the later all aspect ir missiles. The only other weapons it had are the ADENS. Should still be fun to fly though, with the lightning its more about its crazy performance than its combat ability :thumbup:

Yes but at least they have a choice of armament, like bombs and rockets etc. The lightning is stuck with either 2 early rear-aspect ir missiles, or the later all aspect ir missiles. The only other weapons it had are the ADENS. Should still be fun to fly though, with the lightning its more about its crazy performance than its combat ability :thumbup:

Red Top isn't all that bad. Especially compared to its contemporaries. Limited all espect, contact and prox fusing (prox was rather clever from what I've heard calculating passing speed and then delaying detonation until the missile is alongside the target)

TBH for multirole the vampire is going to be good. Useful bomb and rocket load but no AAM's unless any were fitted with sidewinders on foreign service?

There used to be a Vampire and an F-86 Sabre on display in Toowoomba QLD, the Vamp was in Australian markings but the sabre wore yank flag

Wasn't the Vampire @ the Oakey Army Aviation base on display @ the museum?

I know the Sabre was @ Toowoomba Airport but it doesn't fly afaik. There was a CAC Boomerang there & it belonged to Aerotech along with a Sea Fury (sold) and a Fiat called "Ciao Bella".

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Wasn't the Vampire @ the Oakey Army Aviation base on display @ the museum?

I know the Sabre was @ Toowoomba Airport but it doesn't fly afaik. There was a CAC Boomerang there & it belonged to Aerotech along with a Sea Fury (sold) and a Fiat called "Ciao Bella".

The Vampire was at the entrance to the defence housing in toowoomba. Military may have moved it out to Oakey but last time I was in Toowoomba (1990) that's where it was located.

EDIT: it was moved to RAAF Amberley Heritage Centre but not sure of the date. Tail markings A79-656. Here is a good site to find where Vampire's are located in Australia http://www.adf-serials.com.au/2a79.htm

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/

Edited by Winfield_Gold

I like the Vampire..... might have to jump on that one.

OK OK I WILL jump on that one!!!!

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was kinda hoping to get the Venom instead of the Vampire.

I guess it's a balance thing. What am I supposed to fight flying the Vampire? I love its design and it will sure fly great, but that plane is on par with... the Meteor, P-80, Me262 and so on. Maybe you can fight it in a Dora? Don't know, that never happened in real life AFAIK. It doesn't sound much fun tbh. Later jets like the F-86 will eat it for breakfast I guess.

I hope you guys prove me wrong though. :)

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, England. 19 September 2014

VEAO Simulations Ltd are excited to announce that we are in contract to produce two British iconic jet aircraft for DCS; the Dehavilland Vampire and the Gloster Meteor within our Classic Jets Collection.

OH-MY-GOD_o_105642.jpg

:D

Seriously, you are going to make a poor(er) man out of me....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

I guess it's a balance thing. What am I supposed to fight flying the Vampire? I love its design and it will sure fly great, but that plane is on par with... the Meteor, P-80, Me262 and so on. Maybe you can fight it in a Dora? Don't know, that never happened in real life AFAIK. It doesn't sound much fun tbh. Later jets like the F-86 will eat it for breakfast I guess.

I'm just glad to be getting some cool aircraft to fly around and be able to blow crap up in, it's not all about total historical accuracy and relevance but in time we will have enough choice to make accurate scenarios.

the Venom will follow the Vampire

Don't worry about that, I'm looking forward to Vampire, Venom and Hunter alot!

Pman

• 2 months later...
Any chance you can squeeze in an F.8 variant of the meteor for Korea? It would be great to see this theatre fleshed out

Not in the short to mid term I'm afraid

Once the F3 is done our team already has thier next project assigned to them :)

Pman

Just one thing to note having re-read this.

The Vampire first flew in 1943, had the war carried on another 6-12 months vampires would have seen service vs 262's, Dora's, 109K's, He162's as well

Its not out of the realms of possibility for people to put them in late war scenarios when the 262 is out.

I'd really like to do a He162 one day as well...

Pman

Ah yes.

Vampire,Venom, Meteor, Hunter,Phantom. you name it we burnt them and cut them up at RAF Manston.

right up to Vulcan bombers & newer stuff like Harrier, Tornado Etc. Happy days LOL.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I like the idea of doing an F8, but the team is already looking at the next modelling project, think more carrier based...

Not saying any more then that!

Pman

oh-stop-it-you.png

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 4 weeks later...