Getting started with Facetracknoir or Freetrack

v81

Hi ppl,

Have read around a little regarding the subject, and whilst i have found many posts i am still yet to find a post that gets me started.

I did have one of them installed, Freetrack i think it was, and it appeared to be working in the app, but in BS2 the display just seemed to scroll up non stop.

Can anyone point me to a beginners how to for free / low cost head tracking?

I have a PS3 eyecam installed and working, am yet to remove the IR filter.

I also have a HD logitech camera, but not sure of its frame rate.

Do any DCS config files need to be edited.

Are any plugins needed?

Thanks.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

Hi. Did you search and read this: Consideration - Freetrack vs. FaceTrack NoIR and more

It's better search threads and continue on existing threads for getting the topics together.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Yes, I've read through that thread and whilst it contains vague information relevant to someone tuning their setup, I found it more of a comparison of the merits of each alternative than an actual how to.

I didn't want to derail it and thought an actual how to on free/low cost tracking deserved it's own thread.

Once I have something working I might throw some comments into the other thread.

Edited by v81
fix

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR