Would it kill DCS to convert SU-25T to SU-39 sim.

DaveRindner

Would it kill DCS to convert SU-25T to SU-39. Strengthen the landing gear, add hook and carrier landing sim. Optical landing system 3/4 mile approach, and LSO. I have tried Kuznetzov touch and go approaches. Half the time, main gear gets bent, but plane keep flying. As poor mans carrier approach, I use path marker. Keep it centered on that white spot on deck, keep IAS between 240 and 270, no breaks, full flaps, use power for AOA and descent rate. But its very difficult, as Kuznetzov's OLS is to small to be seen, and I don't think it works any way. SU-33 in FC3 is too easy to land as it does not have AFM or PFM. Thus its too forgiving as far as vertical velocity and trap area.

There are a lot of other systems built in the Su-39 that you haven't mentioned that would take a lot of work to model.

among others, a new navigation computer, Spear radar pod.

the Su-25TM as the Su-39 is now known as program has been replaced with more affordable Su-25SM which includes some upgrades to the existing Su-25 airframes.

(if you ask me that's a better idea because the Su-25T flies like a brick)

hehe. SU-25T a brick. I may agree with you. I think that , in DCS World, its instantenous roll rate, and sustain roll rate, is understated. its slow and heavy. I find navigation systems in DCS 25T and 25 to be confusing. Not having a missile seker que in LNGT air-air mode is confusing and makes R73 and R60 difficult to employ. SU-27/33 and Mig have much better R73 and R60 employment ques. I really wish full avionics systems interaction. With properly detailed startup, inflight, and shutdown procedures.

It is a free aircraft, so any work put into it will produce near zero measurable return.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind pay $50 for a Su-25SM replacement. :thumbup:

Neither would I, but that isn't what the OP is asking for.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Information for those planes is impossible to come by and even if such information could be obtained, you'd be stuck between a rock and a hard place with espionage laws being the way they are in russia atm.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Su-39 is basically Su-25TM, which is not carrier based, it couldn't and wasn't designed to land on Carriers.

There is Su-25 UTG - which is a trainer aircraft designed for carrier landings, but it is not a weapon platform, it's just a trainer aircraft which cannot deploy any weapons.

CommentPhotos.com_1388731104.jpg

We obviously all dream of carrier ops. Even Steel beast player are dreaming of carrier ops. Unfortunately, that won't be with this airframe. :/

a new navigation computer, Spear radar pod.

Still, even if advanced version is impossible - a FC model would be fun.

It's not a great benefit to have an updated su-25. please invest your time in more popular stuff like the f-18 module or some terrain upgrades. think you'll reach higher sales this way.

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Little known fact: The Su-39 was promised as part of a Flanker expansion featuring many of LOMAC's features. It was cancelled eventually. However... I still want to play with that radar pod after all of these years.

Could it be done to FC3 level? I don't know.

Will it? Unlikely.

Do I still want what was advertised back in 2000? Yes...!