New nvidia drivers (344.11) big FPS increment

chanurr

Hey guys I have a question about nvida cards, please forgive me if this has been answered else where. I read that DCS doesn't support SLI, however when I SLI my two 760's and look at the SLI tracker, and my "MSI afterburner" program. DCS is using both cards and I get about 30FPS increase. If anyone can shed some quick light on this I'd be grateful.

Not seeing any change in FPS at all, unfortunately. ETA on leatherneck's fix?

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I've seen a 10 FPS increase with my GTX770

Me too. before the update: 25 fps on ground. Now 30 to 35 fps on ground. Landing is completely smooth now.

The improvement is quite noticeable, but hard to measure. Maybe 20% more fps for sure.

Great tip, TY.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Update does increase FPS on my GTX680.

i notice better performance about 30-50% on DCS Sabre (70-120 fps ingame). 10-20% better on DCS MiG21bis and Mi8MTV2.

I will try other modules later.

Update: overrall performance of other modules is about 10-15% better thank to the new Nvidia driver.

Edited by anlq

I'm running a GTX 570 1.25GB. Using the MiG-21 startup training mission (default cockpit view) as a benchmark on high graphics settings, my average FPS improved from 21.5 to 23.5, or about a 9% improvement.

This is still less than half of the FPS I get during the A-10C startup training mission (49FPS).

Hey guys I have a question about nvida cards, please forgive me if this has been answered else where. I read that DCS doesn't support SLI, however when I SLI my two 760's and look at the SLI tracker, and my "MSI afterburner" program. DCS is using both cards and I get about 30FPS increase. If anyone can shed some quick light on this I'd be grateful.

DCS doesn't support Crossfire. I believe it supports SLI.

I'm running a GTX 680 coupled with an I7 3930k @ 4,2 GHz, DCS is on an SSD. I can confirm that since I updated my drivers the fps increased from around 37 to 47 in cockpit on the ground (Training Mission Cold Startup).#

The 21 is an absolute beauty to fly and look at :)! And now that it runs even smoother its like touching a perfectly formed, silky-smooth 24 year old female buttocks :thumbup:! Can't wait for the performance fix coming around the corner.

It has been said a thousand times by now but I think one can't say it enough with this sim: "Thank you LN for such a beautiful craftet flight sim!"

The 21 brought me back from the crushing depth of flight sim absence :joystick:. Last time I flew around was in ubisofts original Lock On. Can't believe it took me so long to get back in the saddle :pilotfly:.

greets

Valken

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I even did a complete reinstallation of DCS. Thanks to the OP for the suggestion though. :-)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

A report of a change in behavior from one driver version to another should also identify the version previously in use. Otherwise, the change could've come from any number of previous driver releases, unrelated to this latest one.

There's such variability in results reported here that no useful conclusion can be drawn other than "anything may happen"!

A good advice mate, thanks. Better FPS flying the Huey near the water and cities. :thumbup:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I even did a complete reinstallation of DCS. Thanks to the OP for the suggestion though. :-)

I have a Nvidia 460 video card, and thought about trying these drivers, but since your card is like mine, I guess I shouldn't bother... IMHO

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR