Multiplayer sound bug

atsmith6

While flying multiplayer last night a friend and I noticed the following problem:

When firing the under wing gun pods, the sound of the other players gun pods does not terminate. This happens from both the perspective of the person hosting the server and the client connecting to the server and was tested over separate flights where it happened every time. The sound of your own firing does terminate normally for you, but again, not for the other players. The only way to stop the sound of constant firing is for the other person to just out of their aircraft.

It appears that the multiplayer environment may send a "start sound" signal to the other connected machines when the trigger is pulled, but is then failing to transmit the "stop sound" signal when the trigger is released.

Hope this helps

While flying multiplayer last night a friend and I noticed the following problem:

When firing the under wing gun pods, the sound of the other players gun pods does not terminate. This happens from both the perspective of the person hosting the server and the client connecting to the server and was tested over separate flights where it happened every time. The sound of your own firing does terminate normally for you, but again, not for the other players. The only way to stop the sound of constant firing is for the other person to just out of their aircraft.

It appears that the multiplayer environment may send a "start sound" signal to the other connected machines when the trigger is pulled, but is then failing to transmit the "stop sound" signal when the trigger is released.

Hope this helps

Thanks atsmith6,

We've seen this bug being reported on our internal tracker recently as well.

Will take a look once we work through the queue.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

This may be a core bug, while that was in prior version, I have seen myself, and read from others that gunpods on Su-25 and Mi-8 had this issue too.

I've certainly seen it happen with a Su-25 a friend was flying.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script