"Restart mission" button

lesnyborsuk

Thanks guys.

I forgot that key combo, I couldn't find it in control setup. Anyway I think there could be this button, because how many people remembers RSHIFT + RCTRL + smth :)

I guess I need to write it down and stick it to monitor ... At least for Dora training... ;)

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Hi all,

is there any good reason why there is no "restart mission" button in game menu after pressing ESC?

That could save me some time while I am trying to land Dora and ending up in a pretty nice fireball.

Thanks

you can always re-spwan using RCTRL+RSHIT+TAB

Thanks guys.

I forgot that key combo, I couldn't find it in control setup. Anyway I think there could be this button, because how many people remembers RSHIFT + RCTRL + smth :)

I guess I need to write it down and stick it to monitor ... At least for Dora training... ;)

or just Assign it to a unused HOTAs Button.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

you can always re-spwan using RCTRL+RSHIT+TAB

or just Assign it to a unused HOTAs Button.

Any idea on why this might not work?

Tried respawning (instant action - final approach with the Dora) but it doesn´t work with rctrl+shift+tab - it works in multiplayer missions though.

Never mind - got it.

The crash recovery was disabled in my gameplay options - it´s working fine now.

Edited by golani79

Any idea on why this might not work?

Tried respawning (instant action - final approach with the Dora) but it doesn´t work with rctrl+shift+tab - it works in multiplayer missions though.

your "old" Plane has to be destroyed or you have to bail out.

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Also, restarting the whole mission isn't important, RShift + RCtrl + Tab is your friend ;).

Respawns your plane without restarting mission. I like to use this option in training missions I make from editor.

The problem with that is, that it only applies to MP and maybe Instant action or some specific SP missions. But in many SP missions and especially in campaign missions respawning isn't the way to go, because of how the missions works with all their scripts and triggers. So if I fail in such a mission I have to go all the way back to the main menue, which is seperated from the actual game and then restart the mission from there. A simple restart button to restart the entire mission from within the mission would be a great thing. I don't know if that's technically possible though. If not maybe it will be with DCS 2.0 where the game and the menue aren't seperated anymore.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also, restarting the whole mission isn't important, RShift + RCtrl + Tab is your friend ;).

Respawns your plane without restarting mission. I like to use this option in training missions I make from editor.

If I would have known this when I started playing DCS, I would have about 2 weeks of my life back

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

DCS: The VI of the flight simulators :)

It seems like there's a keystroke combination for everything in DCS.

I was hoping with the clickable cockpits that that would be a thing of the past. I used to fly arcade flightsims by justknowing key combos but with DCS it's next to impossible with the detailed models. And there's 10x more possibility with all the ALT-SHIFT-CTRL etc.

So +1 for having anything that's not related to the plane or the view in a menu

Uh , no. Respawning and restarting the mission are not the same thing.

Clicking "BRiefing" and then "Fly" is not restarting the mission. You just go back to the briefing screen where you have the fly button, but the mission itself is not restarted. That happens only if you quit and get to the de-briefing screen and there click "fly again".

The OP seems to be interested in "Dora Training" (his words), respawning achieves the same end.

Sure, it is my case at the moment. I have mapped "respawning combo" under my HOTAS and it is OK for now.

But I agree, that it would be nice to have some "restart" in the menu. It is more intuitive and when there is new update, or you are doing full reinstall you don't need to search for this "respawning combo" to assign it again :).

If I would have known this when I started playing DCS, I would have about 2 weeks of my life back

:megalol:

Yes, I remember "Huey landing trainings" ... Lots of fireballs... :D

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.