Realistic adversaries for MiG-21

Essah

It would be great to see an AI F-4B, Mirage III, IAI Kfir, IAI Nesher or F-104 along with fitting missiles, Aim-9B/D Aim-7D/E and whichever the French and Israelis used on their aircraft by then. The MiG-21 is ouclassed by the modern F-4E and F-15 with Aim-9P and later Aim-7 that we currently have.

It looks like there is already a F-104 model in existence from the (abandoned??) DCS-104 project. Couldn't this model be used? The Aim-9B is also already modelled on the Sabre. Let it be fitted to the F-4 and it will already be a lot better.

It's the little things that can make a big difference ED!

527855_433805866652442_1837901085_n.jpg

While I am not against suggestion of Mirages and F-104, would in fact love to see them, I'd also like to put forward a few suggestions.

MiG isn't necessarily outclassed by F-4E, and AIM-9P, at least the block modeled in DCS, is about the same level as R-13M1. Yes, Phantom can go BVR, and it is an advantage, but if you can get through that, in dogfight you should be able to do just fine against the Phantom, it doesn't quite outclass you in close in dogfight.

F-104 is a nice and interesting plane, but if we move by the logic of wanting close dogfight matches, it is even weirder because majority (almost all...) of F-104 versions would get stomped by MiG-21Bis 8 times out 10. I doesn't turn at all, but it can climb and it can go fast, but, so does the MiG, therefore it has nothing to fall back on, no aces up it's sleeve :). To be honest, F-86F which we already have in sim, is a more serious dogfight threat to MiG than a properly simulated F-104 may be.

If you are concerned about dogfight performance of Phantom, I can say that Mirage III is a significantly nimbler dogfighter than F-4E, and indeed MiG-21. But yeah, it's weapons aren't great.

Part of the reason why MiG module is so awesome is, in my opinion, it really takes care flying, difficult to be efficient, yet can be very rewarding and agile if one can master it. I am enjoying to try to get better with it ;).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script