Mig-21Bis Weapon Reference

stray cat

Mig-21Bis Weapon Reference

(Pylon numbers are referring to the numbers in the loadout screen)

Bombs (Pylons 1 + 5)

FAB-100

FAB-250

FAB-250 M54 TU

RBK-250 PTAB-2.5M

SAB-100

Bombs (Pylons 2 + 4)

BL755

BetAB-500

BetAB-500ShP

[bunker/Runway Penetrator. The ShP version has rocket boosters (?)]

FAB-100

FAB-100 x 4

FAB-250

FAB-500 M62

RBK-250 PTAB-2.5M

RBK-250 PTAB-10-5

SAB-100

Tactical Nuke (Pylon 3)

RN-24

RN-28

----------------------------------------------------------

Rockets (Pylons 1 + 5)

S-24A

S-24B

UB-16UM - 16 S-5M

Rockets (Pylons 2 + 4)

S-24A

S-24B

UB-16UM - 16 S-5M

UB-32M - 32 S-5M

A-G (Pylons 2 + 4)

Kh-66 Grom

SARH (requires radar)

Modes: Radar lock / Beam riding

Range: ?

A-A (Pylon 1 + 5)

R-3R APU-13MI

R-3S APU-13MI

R-55 APU-7

R-60A *2

R-60A APU-60

R-60M *2

R-60M APU-60

RS-2US APU-7

A-A (Pylon 2 + 4)

R-3R APU-13MT

R-3S APU-13MT

R-3R APU-13MI

R-3S APU-13MI

R-55 APU-7

R-60A *2

R-60A APU-60

R-60M *2

R-60M APU-60

RS-2US APU-7

This is the weapon list as it shows in the loadout. I would like to open this topic so data on the weapons can be collected which is relevant for ingame use. Post data and I will update the first post with it.

Edited by stray cat

A couple points :

UPK-23 gunpod is missing, and Kh-66 is not SARH but beam-riding, yes there are two ways we can use it, locking or pointing, but guidence is beam riding in both instances.

You also seem to have omitted R-13M and R-13M1 from air to air missiles list. Another useful addition may be information on parameters of air-to-air missiles, what I know are :

RS-2US : Air to air radar beam riding missile (for anyone wondering, I have tried to use it air to ground like Kh-66, didn't work, won't allow me to fire it :D)

R-3S : Air to air SARH missile

R-55 : improved and IR homing version of RS-2US

R-3S : Almost the same missile as AIM-9B (GAR-8) on F-86, rear aspect only IR with short range, limited G for both tracking and launching

R-13M : Improved IR guided R-3, still rear aspect, but is longer range, more reliable, and more G tolerant

R-13M1 : further improved, but still rear aspect, more or less similar to AIM-9P

R-60A : IR, very short range and low efficiency warhead, but is more agile, can be fired when pulling lots of G, more reliable tracking of agile targets, can be shot and still track at very close ranges

R-60M : overall slightly improved, but most important feature is limited all aspect capability that allows the missile to lock on from side / up / down aspects too, but apparently not from front, at least not on F-86 (which seem to have a low heat signature since most IR threats seem to fire quite late on them in sim).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 month later...

Wow great list! Thank you very much.

There are so many AA missiles, and I have no idea which are radar and which are IR, but WinterH you pretty much make that a lot easier. Thank you!

Edit: You made a mistake when listing the R-3S twice. I'm guessing for the SARH missile you meant the R-3R?

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A couple points :

Now this is handy indeed! Thank you. There is a typo though: 2nd missile should be Р-3Р.

Edited by Andrei

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

great reference!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Which one is the best AA radar guided weapon to use on the list ?

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Which one is the best AA radar guided weapon to use on the list ?

it depends on what you are shooting, for a unknown target, the r3r is very nice, its all aspect and can deal with targets that have low or no ir emitions to track. its also all radar aspect. but vs high ecm enriverment or vs very moble aircrafts, it may not be the best choice.

vs known bombers, the r55 packs the best punch, but weights the most and is only avible on the inner pylons. the rus2's are also very good vs bombers including ones that dont produce emitions (f117)

vs fighters, the r60's are the best, ether verson, if those are not avible, the r3s for me can be shot in most cases even under manovering, but the seakers are kinda weak, however vs most fighters, they will run at mill or full afterbuner and as such will proved pleanty of heat.

as far as radar guided a2a missles, the r3r is the best for being lightweight and mobile, however the rus2 is better vs larger targets (kinda like a aerial torpedo) that said, once I hit a mig15 head on with it, did nothing. so it might be kinda buggy.

for ir basied missles, the r3s or the r60's are the best anti fighter missles for the fact they can actually manover well. but they lack punch, the r55 and r13s are larger and pack more punch, however they dont manover as well and weight more. r60's however can be carried in a double mount which kinda makes up for its lack of punch.

all of these missles have about the same range of likly kill. which is about 4km or less vs a fighter. however the r13 and r55 have a better max range of hit which is about 5-6 km vs a large target such as a bomber or transport, max actual traval range for any missle (r55) is about 11km, for reffrence, the spo22 dlz shows the 6km max launch range as the empty space between the lines.

min safe launch range is 500 meters for any a2a missle, as you are likly to catch the flak cloud of the missle and the wreackage from the hit, in missle mode, the radar should give you the breakoff light at 600 meters. when set to guns, it will do so at 200 meters. (have not fully tested it yet though)

anyway, I hope that helps.

Great info thanks

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Good thread this..........it should be a sticky.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 1 month later...
A couple points :

UPK-23 gunpod is missing, and Kh-66 is not SARH but beam-riding, yes there are two ways we can use it, locking or pointing, but guidence is beam riding in both instances.

You also seem to have omitted R-13M and R-13M1 from air to air missiles list. Another useful addition may be information on parameters of air-to-air missiles, what I know are :

RS-2US : Air to air radar beam riding missile (for anyone wondering, I have tried to use it air to ground like Kh-66, didn't work, won't allow me to fire it :D)

R-3S : Air to air SARH missile

R-55 : improved and IR homing version of RS-2US

R-3S : Almost the same missile as AIM-9B (GAR-8) on F-86, rear aspect only IR with short range, limited G for both tracking and launching

R-13M : Improved IR guided R-3, still rear aspect, but is longer range, more reliable, and more G tolerant

R-13M1 : further improved, but still rear aspect, more or less similar to AIM-9P

R-60A : IR, very short range and low efficiency warhead, but is more agile, can be fired when pulling lots of G, more reliable tracking of agile targets, can be shot and still track at very close ranges

R-60M : overall slightly improved, but most important feature is limited all aspect capability that allows the missile to lock on from side / up / down aspects too, but apparently not from front, at least not on F-86 (which seem to have a low heat signature since most IR threats seem to fire quite late on them in sim).

thanks for the description:thumbup:

Mig-21 - Mig 15 - Mi-8 - F-86 - FC3 - Ka-50 - CA - L39 - Hawk - M2K - NTTR - A10C - FW190 - L39 - F-5E - AJS 37 - Normandy - F/A-18C - Persian Gulf -

• 6 months later...
What is the Rs-2US-APU-7 specialty, I am guessing it is a fast missile for close AA wo the need for a lock since it is beam rider? Not sure about this but thinking about loading some up! WOnderful module!

It's a short range anti bomber missile.

If you launch it without a lock (i.e. fixed beam - I don't know if you can do it actually) it means you have to be steady on the target, you can do that only with non-maneuvering targets.

Even if you have a lock, if you maneuver hard, the missile will lose the beam too (because the missile has to stay between you and your target to work), so, again it's useful only against non maneuvering targets.

Wikipedia: K-5 (missile)

Edited by PiedDroit

It's a short range anti bomber missile.

If you launch it without a lock (i.e. fixed beam - I don't know if you can do it actually) it means you have to be steady on the target, you can do that only with non-maneuvering targets.

Even if you have a lock, if you maneuver hard, the missile will lose the beam too (because the missile has to stay between you and your target to work), so, again it's useful only against non maneuvering targets.

Wikipedia: K-5 (missile)

Thanks so much for great information! I'm currently working on the RSBN and ARC stuff between playing with all the weapons! Taking a bomber out is next on the list now! Looking foreward to trying them!

Thanks so much for great information! I'm currently working on the RSBN and ARC stuff between playing with all the weapons! Taking a bomber out is next on the list now! Looking foreward to trying them!

You're welcome! :thumbup:

There are target practice traning missions you can try to hone your skills (in the missions/mig21 folder, there's easy, medium, hard and very hard).

You're welcome! :thumbup:

There are target practice traning missions you can try to hone your skills (in the missions/mig21 folder, there's easy, medium, hard and very hard).

Thanks! I had been practicing on those and finished up the hard mission. At first I was getting killed on hard until I figured out I was firing the missiles too closely andalerting the other AI I was on the hunt. The very hard mission I have not figured out yet...the AI always gets the killing shot.

edit:

Oh just thought of another question. How long do the missiles (IR/SAHR) need to be warmed up for? Can they be "burnt out" if warmed up too long? I think the gun cam may need warm up also..just going through the manual and coming up with questions.

Edited by Byeohazard

• 2 weeks later...

should s-24A and s-24B AG rocket be shot in gyro mode or is that just for bombs? I notice a switch to warm up the missile warhead...how long does that take and is it modeled? Missiles seem to always work for me.

Having a blast (literally)! Thanks in advance!

should s-24A and s-24B AG rocket be shot in gyro mode or is that just for bombs? I notice a switch to warm up the missile warhead...how long does that take and is it modeled? Missiles seem to always work for me.

Having a blast (literally)! Thanks in advance!

You don't need gyro for bombs or rockets.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..