Use of EWR radar in a mission

Nereid

Georgian aircraft, Georgian EWR - both use "blue" callsigns and the EWR shows up in the comms menu correctly with the set callsign. It is just that neither me/pilot nor the EWR says a word (no text, no audio).

That's exactly what I expirience, check the previous messages.

I'm just saying that the only reason I can see that it works for Red coalition and not for blue coalition is the callsign which is numeric for Red coalition and letters for blue coalition.

That's exactly what I expirience, check the previous messages.

I'm just saying that the only reason I can see that it works for Red coalition and not for blue coalition is the callsign which is numeric for Red coalition and letters for blue coalition.

That is the most visible difference between the coalitions, yes. But I can't see why that should be the issue. It is not that "Enfield" tries to talk to "661" or vice versa - both use the same scheme.

Wait ... I just tested it the other way around: Georgian MiG and Georgian EWR, but now Georgia is assigned to the red coalition. Result: no comms possible, although the comms menu looks ok.

Then I added a russian EWR ... and that works. "500, Enfield 1-1, request picture" ... "Enfield 1-1, 500 ..."

Allright, now I am really confused. I think. ...

There are no frequencies assigned to any of the EWRs. This would not work for me, too.

But there is a difference. Asking for a bogey dope the sound of my transmission is played at least. But no answer of course (which frequency?).

EDIT: After assigning frequencies to the EWR it works. Strange observation: the callsigns are missing (just numbers, if you assign them).

EDIT2: Numbers are the callsigns for non-western units. So all is fine.

How do you assign frequencies? I tried edit but I see no where to put a freq in.

Thanks

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

If you fly MiG-21 on Blue side and EWR is on Red side, of course it won't work :) and why would you place MiG-21 on Blue side anyway? This is like flying F-15C on Russian side... just doesn't make sense :D

This is wrong. The german air force would be part of the blue side (but the side doesn't matter, the nationality does) and the german air force had Mig-21 (and Mig-29) in their arsenal for some time. The Mig-21 was also exported to other countries like India, which are not part of the eastern block.

So: A Mig-21 on the blue side DOES make sense, because it was in the NATO arsenal for a (short) time.

Well I think it is not so simple that a western aircraft would communicate with Eastern EWR. EWR/GCI certainly uses special

signal modulation/encryption, which needs to be compatible with the receiver, so you certainly wouldn't be able just to tune EWR frequency

and listen to EWR commands to fighters sent to intercept you in your F-18/16/15.

Well. Then is even worse. because a F-86 CAN communicate with EWR if flown by a russian pilot. And they are communicating by voice, so there is no need for encryption receivers at all.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

How do you assign frequencies? I tried edit but I see no where to put a freq in.

Thanks

Mission editor, advanced waypoints.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

• 1 month later...

So, still no fix for this ? Has anyone tried in the open beta if something changed ? I find it very annoying to be forced to use the Mig21 with russian nationality in ordrer to have EWR :/

Also the procedure described in the manual to add the EWR to any nation does not seem to work ... the group saved in template can only be placed with the same nationality it was created with.

• 5 months later...

Can we agree that as long as the mission editor gives us free choice to intermix countries into those two opposing sides and as long as technically the radio of the aircraft and the set frequency of an EWR site are compatible, this should work regardless of anything else...

It is bs and annyoing that blue side is forced to have an AWACS airborne instead of using a Georgian EWR (for example)...

• 4 weeks later...

If you want a quick fix for this then go to DCS World\Sounds\Speech\common.lua back it up then open with notepad++

Go to line 450 and add on the bit in red below.

function isUSSR(country)

return country == base.country.RUSSIA or

country == base.country.UKRAINE or

country == base.country.INSURGENTS or

country == base.country.ABKHAZIA or

country == base.country.SOUTH_OSETIA or

country == base.country.GEORGIA

end

The only difference will be while your callsign in the mission editor will be Enfield 1-1 for example, ATC, GCI etc. will call you 111, Springfield 1-1 will be 211 etc.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• 2 years later...

Just tested another mission yesterday and it appears these issues still exist. Is there any fix planned? Maybe this thread should be moved to the bug section?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

• 1 month later...
Just tested another mission yesterday and it appears these issues still exist. Is there any fix planned? Maybe this thread should be moved to the bug section?

It still doesn't work properly, but the work-around that Frostie posted does work. In my test mission, you get radio calls like:

"AWACS (611): 111, 611, picture: single group..."

In current OpenBeta, the line to add is at line 513.

function hasNumericCallsign(country)
   return     country == base.country.RUSSIA or
           country == base.country.UKRAINE or
           country == base.country.BELARUS or
           country == base.country.INSURGENTS or
           country == base.country.ABKHAZIA or
           country == base.country.SOUTH_OSETIA or
           country == base.country.CHINA or
           country == base.country.VIETNAM or
           [color=DarkRed]country == base.country.GEORGIA[/color]
end

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, thank you!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ED can this be improved for Blue multi-player

It is really terrible in multiplayer for Blue that we have no EWR support that can be deployed to certain areas of need. I really wish this feature worked for Blue GCI / Tactical Commanders.

Blue is having a terrible time detecting Red contacts on the map from the Tactical commander slots.

Thx

• 1 year later...

And 6 years later, still an issue.

And if its just one line ED, please fix it natively. Where is the problem here?

Having nice features for Hornet and Co. is fine, but what are thos without proper working missions.

And we need Roland EWR as an EWR, as it says.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 1 year later...