Sudden lag spikes

I just downloaded DCS World and A-10C. During one of the training missions, I entered a dive from approx 12000MSL and was hit with around 10FPS.

My specs:

Intel i7-3630QM

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Anyone know how I can improve frame rate. Its kind of hard to fly while watching a slideshow.

Impossible to say what went wrong without knowing exactly what was going on, and it's hard to know how to improve your framerate when we don't know your settings.

One example: you were displaying a Maverick and the TGP on the MFCDs, and you have the maximum cockpit display resolution setting. That'd make even a very fast system struggle.

Or maybe you were in a mission with 300 AI units who were all tracking eachother with radar.

If you provide some more info I'm sure we can get your game to run faster, but one thing you have to realize about DCS is that a few things aren't completely optimized, and a few things the sim does are just really damn difficult to calculate.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

My specs:

Intel i7-3630QM

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

GPU might be your problem. Generally, all mobile CPUs/GPUs are less powerful than their desktop counterparts, but GT650M is really slow. You'd need at least GTX 7xx/8xx if you want to run DCS on laptop with acceptable pefrormance...

• 3 months later...
I just downloaded DCS World and A-10C. During one of the training missions, I entered a dive from approx 12000MSL and was hit with around 10FPS.

My specs:

Intel i7-3630QM

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

I have a similar setup, but with an Intel i5-3210M processor. I get the issue in the MiG-21Bis. It's quite strange: no matter how low or how high you place the settings, you get lag spikes, even at low resolutions. The game is absolutely fine for about 15 seconds, then you fly for around 3 seconds with terrible lag. It has to be some driver issue with the graphics card, not its low performance. Has anybody solved this?

Edited by P@n_$otnik