Easy Question: If I download A-10C, do I need DCS World in order to play it?

frustratednobody

Good question. Right now the issue is that it says "source file is corrupt." I've tried downloading from another server and a torrent download. No luck.

When I started, it would get approx. 85% finished, then it would say source file is corrupt. Then all the file names changed (thanks DCS) and I had to start all over again. Customer Svc has been terrible. Not sure what to do now. Any help is appreciated.

Are you sure you've downloaded all the parts required for the install?

Do you have any anti-virus programs running? I use Advast, and I know Advast treats some parts of this game as a threat, and have experienced it placing certain files in the vault.

Any additional details on the error would help.

So it gets stuck while extracting?

Are you sure your system complies with the requirements? Is maybe your antivirus interfering with the installation?

It could also be that your system is having trouble moving big files I guess.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Haven't tried steam but may do that.

Does anyone know why the original .exe file I downloaded would finish 85% extraction but the new file won't even start?

In the middle of this, DCS World file names changed and I had to redownload everything.

I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what it is.

Yes its 64 bit.