A-10

P51

Huey

FC3

MiG21

Sabre

FW190

That's got to be a scary amount.

Oculus is likely in the future, as is the BF109. Not bothered about the Russian transport helo, but no doubt I'll get tempted one day.

• 1 month later...

Well Ive just droped another 1250 NZD on this for my Obotto REV cockpit god help me. Mrs isnt to happy bout it but I said for Christmas all she has to do for me is not complain and counter offer is I now have to move all my shit into the spare room lol

• Like 1

Interesting question. I bought everything for full price except the P-51 and CA

Some stuff I bought twice for a family member...

roughly in order of appearance:

- LockOn

- FC2

- then I bought it again, some "gold edition" or what it was called like

- BS1

- BS2 upgrade

- BS2 full

- A10C

- HOTAS G940

- TrackIR

- Mustang, the only plane I got in a sale for 15€ or so

- FC3

- Huey

- Saitek Pedals

- Combined Arms in a sale, for 30€

- two 8" touch screens, 150€/pc.

- a new PC (not only for DCS, but I got an SSD and the 770GTX specifically for DCSW)

- Mi-8

- Arduino for builing me a UFC

- F-86 2x

- Dora 2x

- Mig-21 2x

- BF109K 2x

So all in all... minimum 2000 Euros, possibly more. Still not my most expensive hobby, so I guess it is pretty cheap. :)

Bought every module and a lot of hardware specifically for this sim totaling around $3000 over about 5 years or so...

A lot of cash, but well worth it in terms of entertainment value and besides, it is a LOT cheaper than real flight lessons at $400 per flight HOUR... (I am a helicopter fanatic..)

(That is why I stopped the real thing and started this hobby instead...)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

.....have all modules.....prepaid and waiting on SU-27, 109-K4 and HAWK plus all the stuff in my signature........around $3,800.........

( making the perfect deflection shot........priceless:thumbup:)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

lets see...

FC3

A-10C

Blackshark 2

UH-1H

and a Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick.

so, in total, probably like, $190.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I've stopped any spending after FC3 for three simple reasons.

1. FC3 turned out to be bug ridden even for planes that were out since FC1

2. Fist I want to see how well EDGE works.

3. Im tired of buying the same stuff all over again. See DCS BlackShark.

Never stop spending on DCS....

I have bought all -70% discounted DCS modules, and just now bought Mig-21. Didn't have time to learn it.

Got X-52 Pro, saitek, TrackIR and all goodies.

I'd say the money spend on flightsim hobby is cheaper on a long run. You'd be surprised how much mmo lovers spend on virtual goods which is just...sad

That's all mine! ;)

• - LockOn x2
  • - FC2
  • - FC3
  • - BS1
  • - BS2 upgrade
  • - BS2 full
  • - A10C
  • - P51D
  • - Huey
  • - Mi8
  • - FW190-D
  • - Me109-K

• HOTAS Warthog + second Stick for modding
  • Saitek Paddles
  • TrackIR

much more than 1000€

With DCS 2.0 I will buy:

• F86
  • Mig 15
  • SuperCobra AH1W

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Me I spent a little bit less than on the wife and a little more than on the dog, so she is happy and the dog don't know any better..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

No Supervision = $$$$$ on DCS

LET'S SEE----

DCS World - Free

FC3 - $ 16; $F-86F - $40; P-51D - $12; Fw-190D9 - $15

Then CH HOTAS - $350; TrackIR5 - $150; Logitech Key Broard - $75

HP ink - ~$120 and counting to print the manuals 4-5 reams of Paper $45

9 port USB Hub $40

TOTAL $873 US and counting

OOPs there's a sale on; Black Shark 2; Mi-8 - $42

New TOTAL $915:pilotfly:

Edited by Lion13
new additions to DCS

Don't give me a P-38,

The props they counter-rotate,

They're battered and smitten from Burma to Britain.

Oh, give me operations way out on some lonely atoll,

For I am too young to die, I just want to grow old.

From "THE WILD BLUE YONDER"

by Oscar Brand and The Roger Wilco Four

Must be at least the last two (if not three) computer builds built specifically with DCS in mind (and LOMAC before that). Have recently been pricing new video card options in anticipation of EDGE and the new maps.

All the modules

Saitek Peddles

Track IR

X36

X52

X52 Pro

Thrustmaster Warthogs

Good headphones & mic

Ipad2 for I-control DCS

also made a sim-chair setup (and almost purchased a whole simpit last Christmas)

So that adds up to a fair bit, but it has been over a fairly long period of time too. Divide that total cost by the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have spent flying DCS and I think it doesn't work out to be that expensive overall as a hobby and for the enjoyment it has given me.

I very, very seldom buy other games these days, basically because I hardly ever play the other ones I have before drifting back to DCS. In fact I have a bunch of games I have never played once.

Edited by Phantom453

• 6 months later...

all in @ 6,500 Canadian.... and lots more to dream about :thumbup:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

There are only two mods I dont have, but I find that I buy helicopters and then dont fly them.

The Trackir5 and pedals were 300 dollars and the joystick was 140 and most of the mods

I bought on sale, but I wanted Mig21 so bad, I couldnt wait for the sale that is on now.

Worth every penny, and I cant wait for DCSW2 !

What I would dearly love to see is someone who's built a full on pit, all panels working, UFC functional, woodwork for consoles, etc, etc.

And I would like to see the figure when all manpower hours are factored in, at say $10.00 us per hour. And I mean all of it.... woodworking, cnc time, wiring, soldering, assembly, the full monty so to speak.

I'm guessing, but I think somewhere between 20 and 30,000... but I might be low balling this!.... anyone?

Edited by Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Kinda weird, but a lot less than on my other main hobby, mountain biking has taken.

To be honest you can easily buy one plane and perfect that.

DCS $1300 inc pc, monitor & stick

Mtb $7000 inc bike, gear & the car I brought to transport it + a year off with a broken neck.

As hobbies go. DCS is fairly cheap, but both the cash value is not important looking back. I make sure everyday life takes monetary priority.

The coolest thing is being able to go to duxford and admire the real working mustang version and for $20 - $30 I can experience a $1 - $2 million aircraft and not only that, but a selection and get a small feel for the real thing.