DCS Mig-21 is trolling me

fable2omg

Hi. I bought the Mig-21 module the day it came out. When I tried to register it worked, but then the game crashed, so I restarted again, and then I was stuck on that 'loading' square thingy that pops up when you enter the activation code.

In my two days of desperation, I've tried to re-download, re-install everything, DCS world works perfectly fine until I install the Mig-21 module, when I press shift to access the window I can enter the key, activate online, it says everything is fine, but it never finishes loading.

I tried deactivating the key, but the window popping up doesn't show the option anywhere, so I went to their website, and it says the deactivation option is not available for this key.

Now where do I deactivate the key? It has to be it, there is no reason why I'd get stuck on that pointless screen, it's not even the loading screen..

Edit: I hate my life so much right now.

It worked ONCE, just NOW, for some reason, and now it won't load again.

There can't be a thousand things loading at that frame, it usually don't even stay for a second!

HELP

Edited by fable2omg

Ok so this got narrowed down to a hardware issue: Apparently loading a big mission such as the instant mission called "Cold Start" won't work(One time out of ten), but starting in mission editor with no other aircraft around works.

So here are my specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon 7970

Hard disk: 1.82TB (can't find the name)

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB

RAM: 16GB

Maybe I don't have enough memory? Seriously though what's going on, to me this issue doesn't make any sense yet it happens, it's not that it won't load, it's that it won't load all the time, I of course de-activated my anti-virus and firewall multiple times, not that it changed anything..

I'd say your hardware is good enough to at least run the missions.

My laptop is

Intel i7 3630QM @ 2.40 GHz

Radeon 7670M

8 GB RAM

Though, I remember people having issues with other modules as well with 7970 from what I recall over the forums, I would be inclined it may have something to do with that, but from what I gather you can't even get to 3d world so, don't know...

I've got through almost all training missions, they were somewhat slow but still ok. Flew dogfight and intercept quickstart missions just fine as well, along with a few mission editor flights and a multiplayer session.

I'd suggest you to move or reopen this thread under Leatherneck Simulations / MiG-21 sim, Cobra, Rudel or Dolphin would likely help you out.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• ED Team

when it happens quit out and then zip up your logs folder and attach here, it may give us some clues.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'd suggest you to move or reopen this thread under Leatherneck Simulations / MiG-21 sim, Cobra, Rudel or Dolphin would likely help you out.

Alrighty then, that's what I'll do, but I'll keep this one open because I may have forgot to mention it, but it's independent on which aircraft I fly, All that DCS Mig-21 have to do with this is that it happens when I install it.

Thanks.

when it happens quit out and then zip up your logs folder and attach here, it may give us some clues.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

There, what you should have in there is: The instant mission "cold start" successfully starting, then quitting it, then restarting it, confirming it's idle for a minute with Task Manager, then closing it.

Hopefully it'll help.

Logs.rar

• ED Team

Logs do not seem to show anything out of the ordinary.

Some users are reporting a slight pause when entering missions.

sorry I can not be more help, maybe someone else will chime in.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Logs do not seem to show anything out of the ordinary.

There's no crash no nothing, it just sits on the same square screen as when you enter the key.. And it stays so forever, the first day I got the Mig I left it open and took a nap of 4 hours just to find it still 'idle'.

Maybe it just has a hard time starting the second .exe?

Also: It's easier to access missions when I start the game then immediately run a mission. It always seem to work that way now.. Self repairing?

Either way I'm just happy I can fly now, but we still need to find and fix the issue.