How do you choose which plane to buy and which you don't?

PLAAF

How do you choose which plane to buy and which you don't?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you choose which plane to buy and which you don't?

• I buy every plane DCS releases.
    • I buy the planes that I love and afterward I will buy all other planes of that era.
    • I just buy the ones I love.
    • I roll the dice to decide which one to buy.

ooh, so many options. You'll need a matrix for this.

I buy the ones I love and any other cheap ones when the sales start. I would like to support all the developers. So even if I wont fly a plane I would still like to buy to encourage them. In fact I barely fly at all. Just love learning how the cockpit works and getting it rolling (still need to get pedals before I'll try actually flying)

i buy the ones i think i'll fly

also, i buy as many as i can - to support ED - even if i have very little intention of actually flying it

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't buy the Mi-8 or the F-86, so I can't say I buy every module.

I don't plan on buying "all other planes of an era" either.

I don't really "love" the A-10 or the MiG-21, but I bought them anyway. (no offense, they are wonderful modules of course.)

I guess I must roll the dice without realizing it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I buy the ones I know I'll fly all the time. Anything Russian, or jets from 1960s onwards... Also I prefer modern chopper like Ka-50, but if they release AH-1G I will buy anyway to support developers....

I do like certain WW2 planes, like German ones, but I prefer jet. I have all DCS module except CA and FW-190

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I buy what I like, so I picked the "I buy what I love" option. I'm not that attached to aircraft. :lol:

Money is a limiting factor for me, I have other hobbies/games to buy for and I don't have a big budget in the first place (less than £50 per month at the moment).

However at the moment I think I have all I want, as the F86 doesn't come with a Campaign (as far as I know), nor does the P-51, and they're the only one's I'm currently remotely interested in, but I already have them to fly in IL2 1946 with campaigns and better framerate. I mainly use DCS for my chopper fix.

Then there's the at times poor framerate I get with the current modules I've got, the UH-1H, Ka-50 and A-10C, (although the A-10C isn't quite as bad from what I've seen in the brief amount I've flown it), so I question whether it's worth buying stuff I can barely play with...

IF, and it's probably a big (and probably unlikely) IF, framerate improves under EDGE (a constant +50% would be nice, then at the bottom I'd be running at 15fps and at max I'd get about 60fps and on average I'd get 45fps) with the modules I currently have, then I might consider purchasing more modules.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

ooh, so many options. You'll need a matrix for this.

I buy the ones I love and any other cheap ones when the sales start. I would like to support all the developers. So even if I wont fly a plane I would still like to buy to encourage them. In fact I barely fly at all. Just love learning how the cockpit works and getting it rolling (still need to get pedals before I'll try actually flying)

Good point :thumbup:

I may consider doing this as well.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

I've bought everything apart from the Russian helicopter and the mig 21. i bought the sabre but rarely fly it, its a great module but lacks any real player controlled adversary. I'll probably buy the mig 21 in a sale because, like the sabre, it lacks any real adversary right now. whether that changes in the future who knows. So i'm just going to be buying what has a contemporary adversary or pick them up in sales

Good Grief

I bought the A10C and i am still mastering it, but since, i have bought all the other modules and have tried out the planes, Helis and CA only bought them to support, havent even tried them and dont think i will in the near future untill i master the A10C to its full potential.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I just follow this check list.

BRAIN COMPARE MODE....................................................SET

COMPARISON OBJ. 1..........................................DCS MODULE

COMPARISON OBJ. 2..................................MONEY FOR FOOD

PAYPAL.........................................................................LOG IN

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

My answer isnt in the poll...

I buy aircraft i would enjoy flying in a combat scenario , and if i dont know the aircraft i do research like watch some documentaries on youtube before deciding.

Also it has to be modern. Dont want any of the WW2 modules , even the mig 21 is too old for me.

Well , i guess i do own the huey ... but thats a little different , i dont have to fight against clearly superior aircraft when flying the huey.

I am a sale binger, trained to be that way by Steam :) Especially lately now I have a DK2 and there is a paucity of deep experiences for it, I just bought all the 'full' simulations barring the more recent, and so expensive ones.

As someone said above, I like just sitting in them and flying about, especially with the Rift. I am putting time and love into the Huey and the Warthog, but its nice to go and zoom about in the Sabre. Mi-8 tanks my frame rate sadly, but I have a new rig planned which should fix that :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR