UPDATES ISSUES on downloading

mibo

Hi,

It would be very nice if the DC team could change the way updates are handled. What i mean is the upgrades.

Many people struggle with download issues because the internet connections are slow or even bad. Normally I also download other things with a download manager. This gives me the option to download long files in several parts, pressing the pause or re-assume button. In this way if the server has for example downloaded only 40 % I stop it and go back next day when it continues the download from 40% upwards. This allows me also to spare download allowance which in may case (Dominican Republic) costs 60US$ for only 15,000 Mb.

If you think it is a good idea, post it please.

Thanks to all:yes:

Hi,

It would be very nice if the DC team could change the way updates are handled. What i mean is the upgrades.

Many people struggle with download issues because the internet connections are slow or even bad. Normally I also download other things with a download manager. This gives me the option to download long files in several parts, pressing the pause or re-assume button. In this way if the server has for example downloaded only 40 % I stop it and go back next day when it continues the download from 40% upwards. This allows me also to spare download allowance which in may case (Dominican Republic) costs 60US$ for only 15,000 Mb.

If you think it is a good idea, post it please.

Thanks to all:yes:

If I am not totally mistaken, then you can abort a running update at any time. Next time it will ask you again if you want to update and when you say "yes", it checks what it had downloaded already and continues from there.

If I am not totally mistaken, then you can abort a running update at any time. Next time it will ask you again if you want to update and when you say "yes", it checks what it had downloaded already and continues from there.

Well, thanks for the reply, but in my case it always starts downloading from the beginning and as I have the problem that it does not download completely

(only about 40%) it consumes my download allowance. Maybe the DCS team can answer this...

To Flagrum,

You were right. Just to clarify for anyone :You can cancel the download and then restart the update.

So if you have to download 80Mb and it downloaded only 40% - one can restart the update and now it shows only 48Mb to download as previously it downloaded already 32Mb (40%)

I'm on a reasonably fast (for aust anyway) connection of about 18mb and download at 2mb/s+. However whenever its time to update DCS, I download at 100kbps if I'm lucky. This is 2014 - surely there's a way to speed this up? How about a 'patch' I can download via torrent which autoupdates everything?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super