Rocket Salvos

MBot

In the rockets training mission your plane is loaded with 4 UB-16 pods totaling 64 rockets. The instruction text instructs to set a burst of 8 which is fired from all pods at once, giving you 2 attacks. But when firing the rockets, salvos of 8 are launched from first from the 1-2 stations and subsequently from the 3-4 stations for a total of 4 salvos. So either the rocket firing logic or the training mission instructions are incorrect.

Also noticed this. It always fires of the selected cound symmetrically from 1-2 first. It isn't even possible to fire 3-4 by switching 1-2 power off on the right panel. I suspect it would be correct to fire all pylons as the instructions tell, as I've also read this in the manual. With that correctly modelled, it should still be possible to fire just 1-2 or 3-4 by switching off the other pylons. I'd most probably do that just to get more shots, but sometimes it's better to have lots in a very short time = 4 or 8 out of each pod.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

but sometimes it's better to have lots in a very short time = 4 or 8 out of each pod.

I think it's limited because of smoke trail gets into engine, same reason the Kh-66 Air to ground missile is limited to only one at a time.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: