HUD symbology and ILS

escaner

I have a couple of doubts on the F-15, as the manual seems to be pretty outdated.

In the picture below, what are the numbers marked in red? Could the "11" be the G indicator for 1.1G? And 90 the G limit for 9.0? But it does not change with load, stays 90 even with 3 fuel tanks...

In blue I have marked the ILS data. How do I know which field is selected?

Thank's a lot!

15302012445_e1e4dfd836_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The red is actual G force and, the second number, the maximum G you reached during the flight. Of course you must imagine them as decimal (so 11 is 1.1 and 90 means 9.0). At least that's what I read in the belsimtek's manual (and what happens on the f16,too, by the way)

Edited by Saruman

The red is actual G force and, the second number, the maximum G you reached during the flight. Of course you must imagine them as decimal (so 11 is 1.1 and 90 means 9.0). At least that's what I read in the belsimtek's manual (and what happens on the f16,too, by the way)

In the red circle the left number is the current G, the second number is the maximum rated G based on the aircraft's current situation.

Ok, so lets start with blue. There is nothing that tells you exactly which airfield is selected. If you know roughly where you are and how far away from the ils airfield you want to land at you can cycle through until the distance matches.

If you don't know then well you're screwed untill you do know. Somewhat blatant response but its the utter truth. I can't bloddy stand the fact that there is no indication of which ILS you're using.. Hell all the devs need to do is have the ils frq cycle on the ils control panel at least with that you could figure out which one it's on.

as far as the red goes. Sorry don't know never payed attention to it.

Try this for F-15C navigation:

Red numbers are the sequence you cycle through ILS

Black numbers refer to the runway

Unless there has been a change to this info from last year it should still work

HSI1.jpg.862ecff9dff047b14e3af5abe67c09c8.jpg

Runway cycle order

HSI.jpg.9d3c175195644895e4a445c66d814575.jpg

Edited by fitness88
  • Like 1

Additionally from my previous post:

Please update if there have been changes since Nov. 8, 2013

originally posted 11-08-2013

With thanks to Robin_Hood who originally created this list, I have found it much easier navigating the F-15C using the HSI.

I re-organized the F-15C HSI course list below to be in sequential order for use in ILS/NAV. As you cycle through the HSI courses one by one you will find they stay to this constant order allowing you quick access to any of the 21 ILS.

Occasionally after landing you may need to cycle to NAV and then back to ILS/NAV to get the course order set.

I thought some of you would like to have this list.

Some notes by Robin_ Hood:

Sometimes, the HSI is in-between courses. In those cases, I have noted it as for example, 236-235 (course between 235 and 236). Also, I added, between parenthesis, the heading given by the F10 map for each airport. It is usually slightly less than that from the HSI, and sometimes the reverse, as it seems to indicate take-off heading instead of landing heading (some airports have landings and take-offs done in opposite direction (eg. Sochi, the airplanes always fly over the sea, taking-off or landing).

• Sochi: 062 (242)
  • Krasnodar Pachkovsky: 047 (47)
  • Sukhumi: 296-297 (296)
  • Gudauta: 331 (331)
  • Batumi: 125-126 (125)
  • Senakhi: 095 (094)
  • Kobuleti: 070 (70)
  • Kutaisi: 074 (74)
  • Mineralne Vody: 295-296 (295)
  • Nalchik: 235-236 (55)
  • Mozdok: 083 (82)
  • Tbilisi: 308 (307)
  • Soganlug: 132-133 (132)
  • Vaziani: 135-136 (135)
  • Beslan: 093-094 (93)
  • Anapa: 041-042 (041)
  • Krasnodar Center: 267 (267)
  • Novorossiysk: 042 (42)
  • Krymsk: 219-220 (219)
  • Maykop: Khanskaya 219 (218 )
  • Gelendzhik: 040 (39)

Edited by fitness88

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there any way to implement these into the in-game kneeboard? External data sources (while super useful) will be unavailable when virtual reality kicks in later, so it would be preferable to have all necessary information usable.

That, and an indication for the ILS you are using should indeed be there. That would not make the simulation more complex in the slightest and would save all F-15 simmers a lot of time and effort.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 2 months later...

Kneeboard NAV info

Here you go MikeMikeJuliet.

Attached is my Kneeboard folder.

Place it in:

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard

Sorry I couldn't upload the zip file, I got this error: 'Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.'

Anyone know what this means?

I'm trying to get forum admin. help, will post once I figure out what's wrong.

bulletin.PNG.3af062eee62ed06b419bd033fe47ddfe.PNG

Edited by fitness88