MiG-21Bis tutorial series

xxJohnxx

I just watched the Mig-21 RSBN tutorial and I really liked it a lot. Thank you very much!

I have one question: is there a way to automatically maintain altitude in the Mig-21?

There is one part in the video before you do the cloud penetration approach at 24:02 where you say that you switch off the autopilot. The variometer before was very stable and I was wondering whether you merely trimmed the airplane to maintain altitude or whether you did this with some automated function? If yes, how is this done?

Edited by earlwarren

I just watched the Mig-21 RSBN tutorial and I really liked it a lot. Thank you very much!

Thanks for the feedback!

I have one question: is there a way to automatically maintain altitude in the Mig-21?

[..]

Yes, the SAU autopilot has the so called "Recovery Mode". This basically will bring the plane from any flight attitude to level flight. You can use this for example if you loose orientation inside clouds or during night. I am using that most of the time while flying to keep the aircraft going in the desired direction.

• Like 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 4 months later...

Hey guys!

It has been a long time since I uploaded a video about the MiG-21 (or any aircraft for that matter!).

Finishing my GCE A-levels and starting community service (instead of joining the military) as an EMT kept me busy in the recent weeks and months.

However, after finally having made myself comfortable with the new editing software and having regained some energy/motivation (:P), I was able to finally record another tutorial that was requested:

The video shows how to perform a Big Box approach using the RSBN station of the destination airfield.

Hope you can enjoy the video!

Best regards,

John

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appriciated! :thumbup:

Got a new audio setup, including a proper mic. Can't wait to get my hands on the next aircraft to do some tutorials for! :smilewink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

These videos are great, but I'm really confused about the RSBN navigation because of inverted needles.

Do you need to set the thin needle to the radial you want to intercept or the fat one? How does this change if you want to be going towards or away form the RSBN beacon?

I know that video is very long, but would you be willing to make another video now that one (or both, not sure) needle are inverted?

Hi,

These videos are great, but I'm really confused about the RSBN navigation because of inverted needles.

Do you need to set the thin needle to the radial you want to intercept or the fat one? How does this change if you want to be going towards or away form the RSBN beacon?

I know that video is very long, but would you be willing to make another video now that one (or both, not sure) needle are inverted?

Well, you use the thin needels for everything now. The thin end either is the pointy bit so to speak, while the fat side is 180° reversed.

IF you want to go to the station, the thin end of the 3K needle should be pointing to the station and the thin end of the other needle is pointing to the station as well.

IF you want to go away from the station you point the thin end of the 3K needle away from the station while the the thin end of the other needle will be pointing to the station.

I will consider making another video about this, however not within the next couple of weeks probably.

Hope this helps anyways!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

John u are my man for long time!!!!

Thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

• 4 months later...

xxJohnxx

Do you intend to post the correct site for the missions in your video tutorials?

The sites in the videos are no longer valid I think.

Great videos.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .