Crash on almost every quit

SgtPappy

Today I actually got a bluescreen after fighting a MiG in the F-86 after a long fight. I think it might be a RAM problem because it never happened again, provided that I closed everything before playing.

Now, however, I'm still dealing with a crash after almost each mission when I hit quit. I have to let my computer whine down until I hear its cooling fans at a lower RPM before I can even think of quitting.

Specs are as follows: AMD A8-3870 APU w/ Radeon HD graphics (2 CPUs), 3.0 GHz processor, 8.192 GB of RAM, Windows 7 64-bit.

Is there anything I can do before I go out and buy more RAM? If this is unusual for those who have 8GB of RAM, I'd like to find a solution.

Thanks!

• ED Team

Hi SgtPappy,

if you can attach your logs C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs it would be helpful

and what graphics card are you running, is it a laptop you are playing on?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sounds like a heat issue for sure. Have u tracked that as u use the software? Blowing out the PC with compressed air would do if so. I take mine apart once year to avoid this and clean the GPU after taking it apart.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Thank you for your help, guys.

The logs are attached here. If you want me to attach them in some other format, let me know. I think one of those might be the bluescreen, but I'm not sure. Too many crashes yesterday.

BIGNEWY, I'm running with a stock NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560.

Atalia, I haven't really tracked the heating problem, but it is getting rather dusty, so I'll clean it out this week.

EDIT: I didn't realize attaching the files actually gave me an upload error. Sorry but I don't know how to attach those files. They won't upload and I can't open them with notepad.

Edited by SgtPappy

I cleaned out the computer of dust and it didn't help. Sometimes when I hit quit (even after letting the fans rev down), the game will crash after loading 10% of the brief screen each and every time.

EDIT: It turns out the steam install is perfectly fine, but the standalone screws up. I have all my newest planes on the standalone though. :(

Edited by SgtPappy

• ED Team

EDIT: I didn't realize attaching the files actually gave me an upload error. Sorry but I don't know how to attach those files. They won't upload and I can't open them with notepad.

go to

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

right click on the logs folder and send to / compressed (zipped) folder

then on the forum use the manage attachments when you post and attach the zip folder you created.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

your stand alone and steam ver. are the same?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I attached 3 crash logs here.

And yes, the steam version and the standalone are the same. I'm starting to think however that the updates caused some glitches because I actually play the standalone from steam (i.e. I have both a steam version and a shortcut on steam for the standalone) so that I can communicate without Alt+Tabbing while still being able to play my standalone modules.

I removed the standalone from steam and put it back and so far, no crashes.

crashlogs.rar

I attached 3 crash logs here.

And yes, the steam version and the standalone are the same. I'm starting to think however that the updates caused some glitches because I actually play the standalone from steam (i.e. I have both a steam version and a shortcut on steam for the standalone) so that I can communicate without Alt+Tabbing while still being able to play my standalone modules.

I removed the standalone from steam and put it back and so far, no crashes.

you mean the non-steam version correct, yes I experience that as well its because its not a executable compatible steam launcher version.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||