DCS activation on CP with non admin user

MA_Goblin

Hi,

Searched the forum for any info but came up short.

The activation/deactivation system is pretty annoying atm.

I have reinstalled my PC and started by deactivating the modules in the GUI

"module manager" but you cannot tell if it deactivates or not and how many

deactivations/activations that remains.

Setting up my PC again I created a admin account and installed everything

from there. I should not have done that since the activations apparently is

per user-account and thus I had to reactivate again for my gaming account!

There just have to be a smarter way to manage this or start using a different

system all together. BoS or RoF make use of a verification server for instance.

Is there a way to save the registry information about DCS activations so

that a reactivation every time you do a reinstallation on the same PC isn't

necessary?

regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Is there a way to save the registry information about DCS activations so

that a reactivation every time you do a reinstallation on the same PC isn't

necessary?

Unfortunately not. Your operating system ID is part of the hash that is created by ProActive, when you reinstall your operating system the ID changes, voiding your registration.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If I understand you correctly you have a setup similar to mine, 1 PC with OS and multiple user accounts on it (all for me but different purposes like work, gaming, general, etc..)

DCS will only activate under the account it was installed under as the license keys are stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics in the registry.

If you want to run it under a different account on the same PC, export the above registry key while logged into the account that it was installed under, and then import it while logged into the account you want to have access to it.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Unfortunately not. Your operating system ID is part of the hash that is created by ProActive, when you reinstall your operating system the ID changes, voiding your registration.

That would only be 3 points which isn't enough to void the activation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: