After a few days with the MiG-21...

swe_badger

Fantastic module you guys, thanks! I can't see myself flying anything else in the foreseeable future. Everything about it is just, class. That being said, you guys sure have your work cut out for yourselves, a lot of bug squashing and tweaking left to be done I reckon. Thing is though, although there are quite a few issues to be ironed out, it's such an excellent module that it doesn't really matter atm. I'm having a literal BLAST! zooming around and shooting stuff up both in the air and on the ground. I also just love how analogue it is, some people seem to get workload fatigue by it but I feel the opposite. In the A-10C I never felt like I had a good check on things and how they worked, mainly because of all the digital stuff and abbreviations. In the MiG it's like, "here's your radar, that's the switch for it" or "this is your gunsight, flick this switch for it to use it" etc etc. You can really sense the philosophy behind the soviet design, simplicity!

I've been waiting for a module that feels juuuust right for me and I knew even before it was released that it would be just up my alley. I just didn't know, it would be this awesome! Thank you LN for a fantastic module, whatever your making next, you can count on me purchasing it when it's done....or earlier.:D

Awesome....sauce!

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

I would agree with you on the A-10. I could do things in it but was never sure of the details in a lot of systems because of all the different sections in the CDU etc. With the MiG-21 everything just works, even if the cockpit layout isn't the most user friendly I've ever come across. Haven't even tried ground attack yet been messing with a2a stuff but looking forward to dropping my first nuke lol.

Agree! I love this module, and it is certainly my favourite of all! (KA-50 follows closely behind, and the A-10C will always have a special place).

I'm methodically working my way through the tutorials and manual. I fired my first missiles today, although I'm pretty comfortable navigating around the map using the various navigation methods. I like to progress in a logical and slow fashion, trying to learn as much as I can about a system/process before I move on :)

I did jump back in the A-10C for a quick flight, and was just amazed at how different it felt. Great aerodynamics (obviously low and slow), and awesome situational awareness. Put an AGM-65 through a SAM site, and just marvelled at how user friendly the whole experience is.

I only mention the A-10C comparison to emphasise how much I really love the MiG-21Bis! It's such a deep aircraft, and one truly worthy of a DCS title!

Thanks LN! You guys rock :) :) :)

Edited by Wizz
Spelling

A classic aircraft for classy old, analogue people, like us!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

A classic aircraft for classy old, analogue people, like us!

Amen, brother!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

The MiG-21bis is easily my favorite DCS module, but I love the F-86F almost as much. I ended up flying the F-86F almost exclusively while waiting for the MiG-21bis to be released. For the moment, I am exclusively focused on learning the amazing MiG-21bis. But once I have some proficiency, I think I will be time sharing between the F-86F and MiG-21bis.

It is hard to decide what to fly, as I also enjoy rotating between the UH-1H, Mi-8, P-51D, and Fw190D9... plus the FC3 F-15C, Su-27, and MiG-29. So many planes to fly, so little time to fly them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is hard to decide what to fly, as I also enjoy rotating between the UH-1H, Mi-8, P-51D, and Fw190D9... plus the FC3 F-15C, Su-27, and MiG-29. So many planes to fly, so little time to fly them.

Once there was this time of Ka-50 and A-10C and an immnse anticipation and waiting for new modules. Now they come so fast you have to actively make a decision on what to learn and fly.

Amazing....

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

Once there was this time of Ka-50 and A-10C and an immnse anticipation and waiting for new modules. Now they come so fast you have to actively make a decision on what to learn and fly.

Amazing....

Also, being a father of two small children doesn't help. No way I have time to learn and fly more than one aircraft at a time these days. Because of the complexity and the sometimes huge difference between different modules I find myself struggling to even maintain my knowledge in the aircraft I CURRENTLY fly. If I were to jump in the A-10C cockpit today, I probably wouldn't even get it started tbh. I am relegated to the late evening hours, tired and worn out, trying to enjoy what little time I have with my modules. Life is grand, isn't it?:)

AMD FX-6300

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Glad you guys like it :)

Once we get outstanding issues out of the way; she'll be even better.

We also have some planned improvements that we will still roll in (e.g. in-cockpit pilot and new damage model)

I know, you were already expecting this, and afaik nobody else dared so far to ask, yet ... so I will do it:

Can you give us a rough ETA for the next patch? Is "this week" realistic? (feel free to be more precise, ofc! ;o)

I know, you were already expecting this, and afaik nobody else dared so far to ask, yet ... so I will do it:

Can you give us a rough ETA for the next patch? Is "this week" realistic? (feel free to be more precise, ofc! ;o)

The hounds of hell have been unleashed.

AMD FX-6300

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64