Upgrade needed for EDGE?

Hey Pilots,

im not sure if that question has been asked already but I didnt see something like that here so just for the case:

I heard that EDGE will improve the frames and other things. But im wondering if we will need better Hardware when EDGE is running. Im not sure if I understood everything corectly (school English :smartass:) but its a newer engine and it wil make everything look better and smoother and that means that more polygons are used right? This means more grafical power is needed or am I wrong.

EDIT: If you look at the massive Citys the new map will bring you may understand my concern.

Excuse the inexperience Question but im really unsure.

My system Specs are:

Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 3,6GHz

8192MB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660SC 4GB

I hope that will be enough for the upcoming update or do you think/know I´ll need to upgrade?

Many thanks to you,

regards Chris

Edited by Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

Well, as I see it, EDGE itself will probably be easier to run than the current engine, since we're getting more modern shaders etc. I think the stated intention is that EDGE will run faster on a given system than currently.

The new MAPS, however, I can easily imagine containing many more polygons and more highly resolved topography etc, so I think the overall performance change on one of the new maps is still unknown.'

The safe and obvious answer to your question is to wait a few months and then see how it runs.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Alright Corrigan thanks for the answer!

I´ll see it than when the Maps get released.

The safe and obvious answer to your question is to wait a few months and then see how it runs.

that was my plan. The safe way is in this case the best I think :)

Many thanks

Chris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally, I'm gonna upgrade my video card right now, since I have zero patience, and, I figure, it's probably very unlikely that EDGE won't run well with something that runs everything else well.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• ED Team

It just makes more sense to wait and see, we have no real feel of where its gonna play out, they are still tweaking and integrating, I will say this, my specs are less than yours.

Hey Pilots,

im not sure if that question has been asked already but I didnt see something like that here so just for the case:

I heard that EDGE will improve the frames and other things. But im wondering if we will need better Hardware when EDGE is running. Im not sure if I understood everything corectly (school English :smartass:) but its a newer engine and it wil make everything look better and smoother and that means that more polygons are used right? This means more grafical power is needed or am I wrong.

EDIT: If you look at the massive Citys the new map will bring you may understand my concern.

Excuse the inexperience Question but im really unsure.

My system Specs are:

Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 3,6GHz

8192MB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660SC 4GB

I hope that will be enough for the upcoming update or do you think/know I´ll need to upgrade?

Many thanks to you,

regards Chris

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Graphics card is probably the worst kind of investment one can ever encounter. However expensive it is, in one year or less, a cheaper alternative with better performance is bound to be appear. Then one is tempted to upgrade. The cycle so goes...

This is exactly the reason why building a machine for EDGE right now is not wise. As soon as it's out, it will be possible to gauge what will be needed for ones particular setup and prices will most likely be a little lower than now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I think $200-250 is the sweet spot in the GPU price/performance game. IMHO, the current fleet of GPU's in that price range don't offer the performance advantage over your 660 to make an upgrade worthwhile, but they probably will by next summer or fall.

And of course, I agree with the point on waiting to see how EDGE performs.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Many thanks guys,

as I mentioned before I have the plan to wait till EDGE is out.

I questioned this because maybe someone is knowing more than I atm about EDGE and its improvemens which arent mentioned in the newsletter.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]