dora sunk tailwheel

9.JG27 DavidRed

yeah im also convinced that this isnt a bug, but probably modeled a burst tailwheel tire or whatever...

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=103830&stc=1&d=1409512638

Yes definitely something along those lines.

It's listed as a 'Tail gear down lock fault' in the attached report, at T=11:10:03.

Hopefully this is in the works already, to be corrected / finished.

anyway, this damage seems to occur very very frequently. i dare to say too frequently if you ask me.it seems that as soon as my dora got any damage, there is at least a 60%chance of the tailwheel to sink into the runway on even the smoothest touch down..sometimes you will survive this with heavy counterbreaking and countersteering.

but sometimes there is hardly a chance of surviving this, as then it begins to bounce, just like shown in the video, and the fuselage brakes apart,catching fire.

the thing which is really annoying about this is, that you cant say whether its damaged or not...even with a wingman flying directly next to you, looking at it will do nothing as there is no visual damage model to it.

EDIT: i have to say though, that it became extremely apparent yesterday when i was testing a mission, where i focused on ground targets.so the damage i received was mainly from them and also flak and not so much flying oponents.maybe this makes a difference or maybe the latest patch changed something there as well?i dont know.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed