Planning to buy alot of modules

Alkaline

That... was a really good summary!

Since I do have the MiG-21bis I'd add that it's a simple plane to learn, difficult to master. The cockpit design is very old-school, before the days of ergonomics, but the systems are pretty straight-forward. Everything about it feels sturdy and analogue, simple but complex at the same time. I'm loving it so far and I've barely even begun learning the weapon systems! Definitely a must-have if you want to feel like you're flying a Mach 2 sports car from the 60s!

My recommendation is the Mig-21 or the Huey - why? Both iconic and they have a campaign and training missions included. As you are lacking a little on the flight sim hardware, get the Mig first. Then save for rudder pedals and then get the Huey.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

Buy them all. I did...........never bored again.......fly what you want. I did........

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

"Fw-190 / Bf 109 is redundant if you fly the P-51"

"only one typical fighter for each generation necessary"

Uhm ... you are aware that each aircraft we have in DCS is different, right? "It has a propeller and is old" is by far not enough to do each warbird justice. Same difference for "same generation = same aircraft" - you limit your experience with this attitude BIG time.

The differences are not so tiny as you might think. But even the smaller ones - those which you might only be able to distinguish if you are more familar with one model - are just amazing to discover and make a huge amount of fun to exploit.

Get the Mi-8 its great fun and has some great systems incorporated or the huey very simple to operate but very difficult to master:)

Kamov is very good if you like to blow things up and has got great campaigns available with some systems common to both Mi-8 and KA50

Mig 21 is awesome to fly and is relatively simple to comprehend with the tutorials Leatherneck provide

Sabre is good but I can't/won't devote time to it presently

Can't comment on the German WWII fighters yet

Make sure you save some money for Gulf of Hormous map and the Hawk's release:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planning to buy alot of modules

Get the Mi-8 its great fun and has some great systems incorporated or the huey very simple to operate but very difficult to master:)

Kamov is very good if you like to blow things up and has got great campaigns available with some systems common to both Mi-8 and KA50

Mig 21 is awesome to fly and is relatively simple to comprehend with the tutorials Leatherneck provide

Sabre is good but I can't/won't devote time to it presently

Can't comment on the German WWII fighters yet

Make sure you save some money for Gulf of Hormous map and the Hawk's release:)

I back that although I think the bf 109 is gunna be good

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I hadn´t actually planned on buying so many modules in such a short time and everything started out with the Dora shortly before the autumn sale.

Now besides the FW190 I also have the P51, F86, F15C, MiG21, UH1 and the Mi8

Each plane / helo has different characteristics and shows different behavior in the air and although I don´t have too much time on each individual plane yet I like the diversity in my virtual hangar :)

I have several modules... but mainly use the Huey now which is brilliant. I will probably not be buying any more modules until the Direct X 11 and Edge is instigated to hopefully cure the diabolical FPS issues with DCS. I feel that ED should be throwing all their efforts into getting the graphics engine up to speed rather than just keep adding modules into a floored graphics engine.