Control Box Question

Avio

Wonder if it is possible to implement another set of control position points into the control box view -- meaning there is one current set of points to show where the virtual sticks currently are in-game, and another set (of different color) showing in real time the exact locations of where the physical control positions are. This way I would know how much I need to reposition the physical controls to match up with the virtual ones when I decide to reset the trims.

Currently reset trims result in some rather embarrassing jerking all over before control could be regained back.

Hope to hear how you do trim reset (elegantly) while in mid flight. I particularly prefer to have the rudder always not affected by trim, an option present in the Huey but not in the Ka.

Wonder if it is possible to implement another set of control position points into the control box view -- meaning there is one current set of points to show where the virtual sticks currently are in-game, and another set (of different color) showing in real time the exact locations of where the physical control positions are. This way I would know how much I need to reposition the physical controls to match up with the virtual ones when I decide to reset the trims.

Currently reset trims result in some rather embarrassing jerking all over before control could be regained back.

Hope to hear how you do trim reset (elegantly) while in mid flight. I particularly prefer to have the rudder always not affected by trim, an option present in the Huey but not in the Ka.

I don't understand what you mean with your first point ... the controls indicator shows you the position of the virtual stick, but the position of the physical stick ... is in your hands? You just need to look at your joystick?

But I guess, your first point is related to the second point - the jerking when you reset the trim. Well, you can avoid that by ... not resetting the trim. :o) Afaik "trim reset" is not a function the real helo has. It is rather a kind of "cheat" in DCS. But tbh, after learning how the trim system and the AP really works and how to use it properly, I never really felt the urge to use something like trim reset. Instead, you just re-trim the helo, like you do it all the time.

Regarding your thrid point, to have the rudder not affected by the trim system - there is a mod for this. Search for "unchain rudder" from "PeterP". Invaluable.

Thanks Flagrum. What I meant was to display 2 sets of control points display (in 2 diff colors) within the same control box. That way when I move the physical stick I could see its real position in the box in relation to where the virtual stick was at. Anyway not a real important thing there. Will check out the non-rudder trim mod you mentioned of. Thanks.