Multiplayer Cockpits

ZQuickSilverZ

Are these coming anytime soon?

I can't help but feel ED kind of dropped the ball on this one. I mean it has been well over a year since we heard about it (almost a year and a half).

I keep seeing new modules being announced but not one peep about this feature.

Honestly this is part of what drew me to the UH-1H and the Mi-8 MTV2.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Say what?

Have you missed the L-39 coming this year?

Yes I did actually. Thanks for the heads up. I have been out of the loop for about a year. Starting a new career is eating away at my time.

The anouncement of multiplayer cockpits, from ED, came roughly a month ago. Before that it was speculation and third parties talking about it.

Cool. I am excited to hear that. I never saw it in the DCS newsletter though.

Third parties have allegedly intentionally delayed multiplayer cockpits because ED are working on them and they should arrive this year.

Should? :(

I like will's better :)

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't wait.

Especially with the Mi-8 -

Training other players. Recon. Managing weapon systems. Navigation...

Really really want this.

Cool, I am really looking forward to the Mi-8 as well. Feel free to leave me a message on here when the time comes. It will be a fun learning experience.

I don't want to just putt around though, I want to seriously work as a team and to develop tactics and techniques

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like it has been said: Take a closer look at the L-39 announcement in the recent newsletter.

But something else I want to say: One thing I noticed over the years with DCS and Eagle Dynamics is that they usally keep their promises. It sometimes (or often) takes quite a while (I'm talking about years here) but in the end you will get it.

A good example would be the Nevada map. That started before I self got my hands on DCS, so I don't know the details but what I heard is that it was promised to players who participated in the A-10C beta which was 4-5 years ago I think. From what I know the Nevada map was a development of a third party or modding team or something like that and they had to stop the development at some point. But ED had promised this map for their Warthog beta players, so they took over development, rebuild the map and used it as a testbed for EDGE and now 4-5 years later it will finally come to us. And it will still be free for participants of the Warthog beta from what I've hear. I hope that's more or less correct. Like I said it was before my time because I started playing DCS shortly after therelease of the A-10C.

Same applies to the WW2 stuff, which started as a 3rd party kickstarter project and was also about to fail, so ED took over. And of course all their own developments which can take ages but they usally come to us at some point.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg