DCS: MiG-21 Bis + croatian radio chatter mod

Kenan

2 years ago, in anticipation of MiG-21 project, I started working on a Croatian Radio Chat module for DCS World.

With the delays associated with the module, the project was sort of, although released in its current state, put on hold.

Now that the MiG-21 module is available, I continued working on the mod, additional voice samples are being recorded (9 people donated their voices for the project ie. player, wingmen, awacs, ground crew, tower etc.) and once that is done, I'm hoping to re-release the version 1.0.

I know it's not a big community compared to others, but I just thought ex-Yugoslav members who are flying this module (as we used to, and still are flying Migs in our respective air forces) might be interested in the project and possibly using the mod (for better "immersion").

Of course, quirks and "bugs" are to be exprected (radio chat contains huuge number of samples) and it's quite possible some of the parts are overlooked and left in their original (russian language) state, but with time I hope to sort those out.

The mod is currently (as you noticed in the link provided) not available, as I'm working on adding additional samples (that have been added to DCS World by ED during the last 2 years).

You can see the old demo of the mod (2 years ago), to get some sort of idea:

Over & Out! :)

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.0.1 is now awailable for download:

http://www.mrcine.org/boards/files/file/34-nob-mrcine-hrvatski-radio-chat-za-dcs-world/

Note: Samples for Mi-8 and Ka-50 modules are not recorded (these are separated from the main "common" folder). Basically, it should work fine for FC3 and MiG-21 modules. By default, it's meant to replace RUS language sound files (instructions in the Readme) but if you want, you can simply overwrite ENG folder as well.

Needless to say, always make a backup of original folders if for whatever reason you wish to go back to original speech samples.

Also, with every update DCS World will simply "remove" the custom files (and store them in the "Backups" folder which means you will have to manually reinsert the samples if you wish to continue using them.

You will need to register on our forum before downloading the files (it's free and it's quite a straight forward process).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

• 3 months later...