Mig21 activation issue after memory failure

Stonehouse

I just lost 8gb of memory out of the 16 I had and after identifying and removing the offending 8gb and then testing DCS to make sure it worked got a message about Mig21 needing to reactivate the key due to a significant hardware change.

I just wondered what is the best way forward as I plan on replacing the lost memory. Should I go through the whole new hardware code thing twice as it'll take a while for the memory to turn up? ie is there any detriment to doing so? or just wait until I'm back at 16gb again when it will presumably not complain. Funny none of the other modules have had a problem just Mig 21.

I noticed there is a sticky post from EtherealN up higher which seems to say that a reg patch will allow me to just reactivate it again as if it was just newly installed but unfortunately there isn't one for the Mig21.

Any advice?

Cheers,

Stonehosue

I just lost 8gb of memory out of the 16 I had and after identifying and removing the offending 8gb and then testing DCS to make sure it worked got a message about Mig21 needing to reactivate the key due to a significant hardware change.

I just wondered what is the best way forward as I plan on replacing the lost memory. Should I go through the whole new hardware code thing twice as it'll take a while for the memory to turn up? ie is there any detriment to doing so? or just wait until I'm back at 16gb again when it will presumably not complain. Funny none of the other modules have had a problem just Mig 21.

I noticed there is a sticky post from EtherealN up higher which seems to say that a reg patch will allow me to just reactivate it again as if it was just newly installed but unfortunately there isn't one for the Mig21.

Any advice?

Cheers,

Stonehosue

Hey Stonehouse,

If you can re-use your code by re-activating your MiG-21, go ahead and do so. If you should have trouble when your new stick comes back; just write me here or via e-mail and I will fix you up.

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi Nick,

Having some problems. I went through getting a new activation code with the serial number and hardware code but ended up getting errors at the end of the activation. I've emailed leatherneck support with the report file so hopefully that is everything you need. I'll also pm you with this in case it gets lost in forum activity. Note there are a lot of errors at the end of the report due to the memory issue - I have done a DCS repair since getting the system stable and prior to trying to run DCS. Due to some Zweiblau.dll errors I had also reinstalled just prior to the memory problem - I suspect the dll error was in fact related to this anyway.

Thanks,

Stoney

Well did a complete reinstall of DCS after d/ling the modules again. Got the latest update when DCS world fired up. Tried the take off instant action for Mig21 Bis, it asked for reactivation so I made sure the serial number was correct. It got right through to the dialog box saying 8 activations left and then got the attached error (which I think is similar to Mrgud's error). Tried following the "I have an activation key" link put in the code I'd generated last night and got the same thing happen. Module manager says no serial for Mig21 Bis. Don't know what else to try - all the modules purchased via DCS store work fine and it's just Mig21 that has an issue saying the activation key isn't valid anymore and requires me to reactivate it.

Any suggestions or help? I guess at worst my new memory should be installed next week sometime so I can just shelve DCS (the Mig21 reactivation message pops up every single time I try to launch a mission) for a week and play Elite Dangerous lol.

Hope someone has a idea that might work.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fd1d797d2052db7a105c2f26864599c8.jpg

You don't necessarily need a registry patch to perform the fix. An alternative is to open the registry editor (regedit), then follow the tree under HKEY_CURRENT_USER to find Leatherneck, and simply right-click and "delete" on the relevant module.

The registry files basically just do that for you.

I checked and there should be one on the page now: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activation_wiki/

The contents of the file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys]

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

EtherealN, thanks for answer, but please be so kind to explain a little bit further. I never used regedit and I really would like to aviod using it now, so I can download file from the link and than what? I just double-click it and click Run, or I need to move it first to some specified destination and run it?

When using the reg file, all you need to do is download and run. (Double click.) Using regedit is simply an alternative to using the reg file.

Note that some browsers might auto-rename the reg file, causing it to not work. (I've seen Internet Explorer do this.) In this case, simply right-click the file and change the ending (the stuff after the . ) back to "reg".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

EtherealN, I did what you suggested, but it didn't help.

At the moment I had installed Mi-8 and FC3 modules which continued to work after RAM modification on my PC (I have explained in "my" thread). Now, all modules has stopped working but there is a difference in activation windows. For Mi-8 and FC3 I get window like the modules haven't been activated (the field for the key is empty) but for MiG-21 I get window that activation needs to be repeated and my key is already entered and same error occurs → Helper Application has stopped working.

Now I don't know what to do. (again)

:helpsmilie:

ok so i got mine to work, I went module manager unticked the module as being installed (this really shouldnt matter but included incase that was it) exited game, opened regedit as admin (like from start menu search when you type regedit and it shows in the search right click and go to run as admin) navigated to [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys] manually in the left pane, then deleted the entire keys folder, closed regedit went back into game, re-enabled the module by clicking the green arrow, took my key, went multiplayer held shift and entered my serial for the MiG-21, used an activation but its working again.

hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for this, worked for me. :thumbup:

ok so i got mine to work, I went module manager unticked the module as being installed (this really shouldnt matter but included incase that was it) exited game, opened regedit as admin (like from start menu search when you type regedit and it shows in the search right click and go to run as admin) navigated to [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys] manually in the left pane, then deleted the entire keys folder, closed regedit went back into game, re-enabled the module by clicking the green arrow, took my key, went multiplayer held shift and entered my serial for the MiG-21, used an activation but its working again.

hope this helps.