Jettison Stores

Igor4U

Still going thru Familiarization Training with the MiG-21bis

I was researching how to Jettison Stores. Doesn't appear to be a single emergency Jettison Button.

The Jettison Keyboard Commands (see attached picture) are NOT working for me.

None of the keyboard commands have worked.

The In-Cockpit Commands (via Mouse control) work just Fine (for inboard and outboard Pylons).

Still have to test the Center Line Fuel Tank Jettison button on Control Stick (if I can orient my view to activate via mouse).

Any ideas why my keyboard command aren't working.

Everything else with my MiG-21 and PC System are Code One fully functional !

214491018_JettisonCommands.thumb.jpg.d307316b5beac1009bbdd506e86f56b0.jpg

479640305_JettisonButtonsinCockpit.thumb.jpg.36f342c6a976f546e3b78094282e2e61.jpg

2093497969_JettisonCenterlineFuelTankButton.thumb.jpg.1f8cdd3881065f9b23e3654bf8f33688.jpg

You might need to hit the 'open cover' keyboard command before trying to jettison stores (in board and outboard pylons). I have these mapped to my spring loaded TM Warthog throttle switches, and they work just fine.

There does seem to be a glitch (I don't think would be a real feature?) where the inboard stores jettison switch loops the sound for weapons/tanks etc coming off the aircraft.

Center Line Fuel Tank Jettison button seems not to be functional.

Weird, tested and works ok for me :noexpression:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

The clickable button in the cockpit sometimes stops working, apparently, but the key binding should be okay.

As for switches with covers, in general, you have to open the cover before hitting the switch, whether or not you hit the switch with a mouse click or a keyboard bind. It's the same for jettisoning the drag chute and deploying countermeasures/dropping the RATO pods.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

You need to open the safe cover before. The pinky switch works for me, but i wanted to map it to my x52 i i couldnt.find.the name in the controls menu. Any help?

"Drop Center Fuel Pod", mapped this my CH Fighterstick and works bueno :thumbup:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Drop Center Fuel Pod mapping works (RCtrl+PageUp) but it cant be mouse cursor activated right now (cover and button) so no need to lift the cover first. Actually impossible to select with cursor when looking from side.

EDIT:

It actually works. Yesterday I couldn't click it with cursor, now it works :) just lean sideways.

Edited by jackmckay

Thanks All !

Got it - Just didn't realize how many keystrokes it took to Jettison Off External Stores.

Yeah - you have to Open the Red Cap Protective Cover before getting access to and pushing the actual Jettison Stores (Inner/Outer) Button.

Wonder why the MiG-21 Designers didn't give their Pilots an Emergency Jettison (All Store) Button for Situations like:

- Engine Thrust Problem on Takeoff

- Getting Pounced On and need to quickly go Air-to-Air Configuration

Thanx Again to All !