Sim mode and Game mode?

Pilot-Nix

Hello, I'm new to DCS and I'm a bit confused.

I set the game mode settings to Simulation, then used the "Instant action" for freeflight.

This is what is confusing me, the flight model is extremely easy to fly, almost like ArmA. I've done some pretty drastic, nearly 90 degree nose dives and some how manage to do a (very rough) loop. From my knowledge, most helicopters can't do this. Especially a Huey.

I then set the game mode settings to "Game" and the flight model is the same.

I am so lost :helpsmilie:

I find Take on Helicopters more challenging.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that for the few hours I've been playing this, I have not encountered VRS once. Odd, considering the way I've been flying this beast.

Edited by Pilot-Nix
forgot something

There is sometimes a small bug where your settings are not correctly saved and DCS keeps using the default settings. This could be such a case here somehow. Changing the settings back and forth and again back usually solves this:

1. Change "Game Flight Mode" to "on", set "Use these options for all missions" to "on", confirm with "Ok", exit DCS.
  2. Start DCS, change "Game Flight Mode" to the "off", confirm again with "Ok".
  3. Fly the Huey and crash it! ;o)

If this doesn't solve the issue, check the file C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua with a text editor. It should contain a line

["easyFlight"] = false,

If that is not the case, you may want to play around with the options from within DCS a bit more - but better not edit the file directly. If this all does not help ... then there is an other problem and we would need to investigate further.