FC3 A-10a vs A-10c

HugeF

Hello,

This is my first post, but I've been using DCSW for a while now and having a blast. For what is basically LOMAC rebooted, it's fantastic fun. Especially since I ditched my 12 year old MS Precision 2 (I know, lol) and bought an X-52 Pro.

I bought FC3 as it had the most planes available for the money.

I do have a question though. Obviously, there's an A-10 (the "a" variant) in the FC3 bundle, but there's also the £30 standalone version (the "c" variant).

When I try and research the main differences, all I get is the clickable cockpit. Is it a gimmick? Please be as honest as you can. I like clicking buttons and stuff, but it has to feel like I'm actually doing something.

Thanks for any input.

A-10C is completely different weapon platform, the way you engage enemies differs a lot from A-10A. Needless to say after A-10C level of realizm, I smostly stopped flying FC at all.

DCS A-10C is the most sophisticated modern aircraft module released for DCS so far, it's amazing, trust me.

It's not even comparable. This is a bit like looking to upgrade from a pager to a smartphone. "When I try and research the main differences, all I get is the touchscreen. Is it a gimmick?" :P

Often Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) is used interchangably with "clickable cockpit", but that's misleading. Again in my analogy, the big touchscreen might be the first feature you notice, but the interface is obviously only an expression of the improvement. I hope you see what I'm trying to say.

• Like 1

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Here is a post that gives you a very high level of the differences between the two modules.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

• Like 1

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

You wont be disappointed!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The A-10A is simplified (like all FC level aircraft), so you can expect a lot more information to learn for the A-10C: Startup is not simply pressing 2 keys to get both engines running... I'd suggest you have a look for tutorials on youtube, or videos by "Ralfidude", this should give you an overview

Great stuff. Thanks guys.

I have looked up a few videos. Good lord. Corrigan wasn't kidding.... The start up sequence alone looks nuts.

I guess I shouldn't just read about this kind of thing lol.

Downloading now......

Good to hear, and glad those videos didn't put you off! Enjoy. :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Hello,

This is my first post, but I've been using DCSW for a while now and having a blast. For what is basically LOMAC rebooted, it's fantastic fun. Especially since I ditched my 12 year old MS Precision 2 (I know, lol) and bought an X-52 Pro.

I bought FC3 as it had the most planes available for the money.

I do have a question though. Obviously, there's an A-10 (the "a" variant) in the FC3 bundle, but there's also the £30 standalone version (the "c" variant).

When I try and research the main differences, all I get is the clickable cockpit. Is it a gimmick? Please be as honest as you can. I like clicking buttons and stuff, but it has to feel like I'm actually doing something.

Thanks for any input.

Basicly, A-10A you will only use unguided weapons and mavericks and you will have to get low and dirty with the enemy, controlling is similar to SU-25T with keyboard and stick.

And A-10C, you get way more realism with clickable cockpit, you can use guided munitions (+the unguided ones the A uses) which you can launch from a distance away from harm with the use of targetting pod on exact coordinates, set up a flight network with buddies, share targetting info.

I use both from time to time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]