F15 Campaign Mission 6 - Strike on Modzok

Steelhawk

Hello Everyone.

I tried to finish this mission 5xtimes but it wont work. Can s.o. explain me, what exactly i have to do? What i have to do at which waypoint?

When i do all the things in the instruction every time the strike package (F15) which should bomb the runway at modzok do nothing or they were shoot down.

I dont know at which time i should call the strike package. The instrucion says i shoul wait until sead (F16) destroys the sam. But the F15 are often the first one at the runway. Also nothing happens when i call strike package....

Until yet i finished all the missions but this mission is frustrating.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone.

I tried to finish this mission 5xtimes but it wont work. Can s.o. explain me, what exactly i have to do? What i have to do at which waypoint?

When i do all the things in the instruction every time the strike package (F15) which should bomb the runway at modzok do nothing or they were shoot down.

I dont know at which time i should call the strike package. The instrucion says i shoul wait until sead (F16) destroys the sam. But the F15 are often the first one at the runway. Also nothing happens when i call strike package....

Until yet i finished all the missions but this mission is frustrating.

Thanks

Mission is flawed and fix is here - Major problem with missions these days, if AI aircraft are even slightly attacked they will dump all their ordinance for better manuverability.

Also the SEAD and STRIKE aircraft are suppost to wait at a waypoint before BESLAN and only continue mission once you call them on the F10 Radio (Sets Flag 1= true),

Problem is there is also a Trigger that will set (Flag=1) when any blue force enters any of the 6 CAP zones, so as soon as your flight, the bomber flight, SEAD flight or STRIKE flight enter one of these zones, it orders the push (same as F10 radio call).

So they all steam into the frey and get attacked or killed way before you might have called the strike in normally.

Fixed mission here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2232559&postcount=4

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 year later...

Hello Mad Dog. I downloaded your file to fix Mission 6 for the F-15C campaign. However, I have ran into a severe issue with your fix. My F-15 is supposed to have about 6 AIM-120C missiles. However, when I go to fly the mission I only have AIM-9 missiles loaded onto the F-15C that I am flying. Not only does this hinder my ability to fight effectively against the MIGs and Su-27s but it makes the mission near impossible. Thank You.

Hello Mad Dog. I downloaded your file to fix Mission 6 for the F-15C campaign. However, I have ran into a severe issue with your fix. My F-15 is supposed to have about 6 AIM-120C missiles. However, when I go to fly the mission I only have AIM-9 missiles loaded onto the F-15C that I am flying. Not only does this hinder my ability to fight effectively against the MIGs and Su-27s but it makes the mission near impossible. Thank You.

Can't you adjust the loadout in the loadout menu or have the maint guys change the loadout prior to your startup?

I've not made it to Mission-6 yet, gonna fly mission-5 tonight. In any event, I'm pretty sure you should be able to adjust the loadouts.

Good day,

DrDetroit

The loadouts are bugged.

Honestly, I don't know why you'd want the default loads...Normally in the campaign its like 422 and 3 bags or something silly. The briefed loadouts are what I'd change to (generally 6 120, no Sparrows, 2 AIM-9s and 2 bags - IIRC).

Lord of Salt

Hello Mad Dog. I downloaded your file to fix Mission 6 for the F-15C campaign. However, I have ran into a severe issue with your fix. My F-15 is supposed to have about 6 AIM-120C missiles. However, when I go to fly the mission I only have AIM-9 missiles loaded onto the F-15C that I am flying.

Not only does this hinder my ability to fight effectively against the MIGs and Su-27s but it makes the mission near impossible. Thank You.

If your running dcs 1.5x then you will have slight issues, haven't retested under that version.

As stated by others, the loadout is a known issue, not caused by my fixes but the new DCS.

Try some of the suggestions of others.

Only way I can fix it is to load mission into mission editor and put missiles back into correct pylon slots, which will be a black box when it is broken.

Have now re-written mission and tested and fixed all issues under 1.5x.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Testing with dcsw 1.5x has been completed and issues resolved

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This means that we do not have any campaign running for FC3?

A-10A Campaign is not work too...

Most Campaigns and missions are rather broken at the moment, not just FC3.

Can't say too much at the moment, but expect some fixes shortly.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

Mission is flawed and fix is here - Major problem with missions these days, if AI aircraft are even slightly attacked they will dump all their ordinance for better manuverability.

Also the SEAD and STRIKE aircraft are suppost to wait at a waypoint before BESLAN and only continue mission once you call them on the F10 Radio (Sets Flag 1= true),

Problem is there is also a Trigger that will set (Flag=1) when any blue force enters any of the 6 CAP zones, so as soon as your flight, the bomber flight, SEAD flight or STRIKE flight enter one of these zones, it orders the push (same as F10 radio call).

So they all steam into the frey and get attacked or killed way before you might have called the strike in normally.

Fixed mission here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2232559&postcount=4

So with this fix, how do you adjust ME so you are not just flying in circles, waiting for SEAD and STRIKE to arrive at WP3? I haven't waited that long (got board.) then you would have to wait for SEAD to do their thing?

Edited by uniform

So with this fix, how do you adjust ME so you are not just flying in circles, waiting for SEAD and STRIKE to arrive at WP3? I haven't waited that long (got board.) then you would have to wait for SEAD to do their thing?

Issues:

• My answer is that the scenario is totally out of wack and unrealistic and my notes say that I totally rewrote it to have better timings for the complete sead and strike assets, etc.
  • Added extra craft to the sead flights as there is a lot of sams to be dealt with.
  • Their is a conflict in triggers with Flag=1 being used for for both when you hit your fence in position and for the Sead Radio call, so you would get the F10 radio command on leaving the runway, then the sead would be sent in when you hit your fence in waypoint and the radio call would be removed, or you activate the radio call to send them in, before you get to the fence in waypoint.

If all goes well, you may indeed see a complete fix to the F-15c Bear Trap Campaign in the FC3 series in the next patch of DCSW.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

Issues:

• My answer is that the scenario is totally out of wack and unrealistic and my notes say that I totally rewrote it to have better timings for the complete sead and strike assets, etc.
  • Added extra craft to the sead flights as there is a lot of sams to be dealt with.
  • Their is a conflict in triggers with Flag=1 being used for for both when you hit your fence in position and for the Sead Radio call, so you would get the F10 radio command on leaving the runway, then the sead would be sent in when you hit your fence in waypoint and the radio call would be removed, or you activate the radio call to send them in, before you get to the fence in waypoint.

If all goes well, you may indeed see a complete fix to the F-15c Bear Trap Campaign in the FC3 series in the next patch of DCSW.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks for the follow up, I must have missed some or misinterpreted your notes.

Thanks for the follow up, I must have missed some or misinterpreted your notes.

Your quite welcome, I envisage the rest of the FC3 campaigns to get a bit of needed tlc soon also.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for doing these campaign updates, MadDog-IC. I've downloaded all of them so far.

I'm having the odd issue with Strike Eagles crashing into the ground due to flying too low. Either that or they just spontaneously explode. This has occurred in Mission 5 and 6 so far.

In mission 5, after the first Strike Eagle dropped his bombs successfully, the two remaining eagles following him dropped two bombs, then seemed to just explode. Either spontaneously, or they ran into their own bombs some how. I was flying around the airbase with them at the time, attacking the nearby disabled SAM site, and nothing was shooting me. Thankfully, I passed the mission, due to the first eagle's successful run.

Mission 6 is prooving near impossible, though. I'm having to Alt+J jump between aircraft, because the stupid AI can't seem to grasp basic missile avoidance. Or you get an F-16 who continues his path into the SAM fire range before his AGM gets there, so then he has a stream of 12 SAMs after him. After 30mins of jumping between aircraft to try and keep the strike teams safe, the skys are finally clear. I send in the strike team, they get a few clicks out from Mozdok, then die. They cut across the SAM site launch range, instead of going around, so I thought they got hit by the one SAM site that the SEAD team missed/got killed before they could finish it off. When I exit and check the debrief, turns out the Strike Eagles weren't hit by a SAM at all, it said both pilots simply crashed and died.

I don't understand why they put the strike teams on these silly Hollywood-esq low-level flights to target. It's completely unecessary. Especially when air superiority is acheived and there are few SAM sites left. In fact, it's pointless trying to fly below the SAM radar anyway, because they still see you unless you're beaming them. I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that wingmen AI is almost completely incapable of sucessfully flying low level. Even when I'm flying the safest path, they still crash regularly, so how can they be expected to carry out this task on their own. No wonder they crash.

I'm starting to think the only way to pass this mission is to add another 9 strike packages to the mission and just hope the odds go in my favour.

Thanks for doing these campaign updates, MadDog-IC. I've downloaded all of them so far.

I'm having the odd issue with Strike Eagles crashing into the ground due to flying too low.

Either that or they just spontaneously explode. This has occurred in Mission 5 and 6 so far.

Bit of an endless struggle to keep missions working across so many patches that interfere with their execution. DCS 1.58 seems to one of the worst updates so far in the 1.5x class, and has AI planes crashing into ground whilst they dogfight, evade missiles and just flying low.

From what I have seen now and before is that, most AI aircraft either have their airspeed programmed too low (500km/h is the default when making waypoints - this can be close to stall speed for most aircraft) for each waypoint they are to follow, or a bug has been introduced that aircraft that are set to fly at a high enough airspeed actually ignore that programmed airspeed and just fly way to slow (Needs ED to correct).

Other issue is that SEAD missiles are not as reliable as before, was 100% hit ratio, now less than 50% hit radio resulting in running out of ammo before target killed, so they do a gun run to try and finish the job and die (I can program SEAD AI to RTB after all missiles away and not do gun run, but I chose to do it this way), with SAM systems also capable of turning of their radar and shooting incoming SEAD missiles, most missions with SEAD operations are going to fail due to that fact (This is more realistic to real world, so only solution is to put more planes on task with more SEAD missiles to do job).

The strike package shouldn't be able to blow themselves up with a bomb drop as they are using MK-82Air or Mk-84Air bombs with retarding shoots to allow low level bombing and to give aircraft time to escape the blast zone, so most likely planes are exploding for no reason, seen that bug before.

As this stage I can only make note of your issues to self and investigate when we are all onto DCSW 2.5 and see if the version improves things, makes things worse or just continues to have same issues.

Either way I could be very busy for a long time (Possibility of ever mission ever made for caucusus map will need some type of correcting again), so can't give any time frame for any updates .

Thanks for the detailed report.

Regards, Ian.

• Like 1

DCS Tech Support.

The strike package shouldn't be able to blow themselves up with a bomb drop as they are using MK-82Air or Mk-84Air bombs with retarding shoots to allow low level bombing and to give aircraft time to escape the blast zone, so most likely planes are exploding for no reason, seen that bug before.

As this stage I can only make note of your issues to self and investigate when we are all onto DCSW 2.5 and see if the version improves things, makes things worse or just continues to have same issues.

Either way I could be very busy for a long time (Possibility of ever mission ever made for caucusus map will need some type of correcting again), so can't give any time frame for any updates .

This was my thinking too. It doesn't seem likely that they could hit Air class munitions as that's precisely what they're designed to avoid. Spontaneously combusting seemed even less likely though, but you say you've seen it too, so there you go. Unbelieveable.

Thank you for all the time you've put in to these campaigns in the past and into the future. I'm sure I speak for most when I say I certainly don't expect it, but am very grateful. From what you've said, it sounds like there really should be a small team devoted to keeping these campaigns updated. I've played with some basic elements of the mission editor, but I don't know enough yet to start fixing and building entire complex missions.

Hi Ian,

So I think I discovered the trigger to the F-15E self destruct. It's the Mission Complete trigger.

I changed all Strike Eagles to ensure they remained a healthy thousand meters AGL. All four SEs made it to Mozdok successfully. The first two passed over the runway and dropped their bombs. I was watching from the lead plane, looking aft towards the other three. As soon as the "Mission Complete" notification and voiceover sounded, the remaining two Strike Eagles, yet to release their bombs, blew up.

Could this be some bug in the mission complete trigger?

FYI, I also had to adjust loadouts slightly, for the second time, on the SEAD wings. Plus I had to add a 4-ship of F-16C in a fighter support role for my own F-15C wing. This is what the F-16 was initially designed for, after all. Pierre Sprey would be proud.

I know the air superiority is lacking due to my newbie status. I often find Su-27s difficult to see on the radar until they're right in front of me. So the F-16 flight helped me here. But I digress.

I'm happy I finally got the mission working in some sort of fashion. Still broken to a degree, however.

Cheers

I know the air superiority is lacking due to my newbie status. I often find Su-27s difficult to see on the radar until they're right in front of me.

I was having issues with the exact mission like a month or two before but it turned out I had older version and my files were not updated because of owning standalone module (not FC3). After downloading updated campaign missions from DCS site (thx to Ian) everything was working smooth (with v1.5.7.r) and finally completed the mission and the whole campaign. I struggled but did not edit anything or jump to other a/c's.

Few days ago I started this campaign (same updated mission files) again while on v1.5.8r and it seems things are bit different. Blue AI crash a lot for no reason and enemy AI fighters seem to turn off their radars so they are not always on TEWS anymore. As for radar it's more realistic this way and it forces us to do more searching - so use your cone azimuth and elevation a lot!

btw: Just out of curiosity I pushed RAlt+J (haven't use this before) during the campaign mission and I just abandoned the ship in the air! Thx, man, luckily it was just 5 mins after TO ;)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

btw: Just out of curiosity I pushed RAlt+J (haven't use this before) during the campaign mission and I just abandoned the ship in the air! Thx, man, luckily it was just 5 mins after TO ;)

Haha yeah you have to either select a different flyable plane from the map, then hit F2 to look at it extrrnally, then hit Ralt+J. Alternatively just cycle planes with F2 before jumping to.

It's a relief to hear that it's not just me having problems with the latest DCSW and the old campaigns. It's worth mentioning that I never actually had any problems with the MiG-29 campaign (other than me dying heaps because I'm rubbish), although the missions in that campaign aren't quite as complex as Bear Trap. I certainly don't recall any AI flying so low that they crashed into mountains. Not unless they were trying to keep up with my irresponsible fllying anyway :D