[FIX UNDERWAY] RWR in multiplayer not detecting locks properly

Corrigan

A friend and I took turns locking eachother with the MiG-21 radar. When I was behind him, in search mode, his RWR indicated a lock (constant tone and constantly lit 'eyes'). When I locked him, his RWR stayed this way. When I unlocked, turned off my radar and even broke away, his RWR still indicated a lock. Mine did the same. Cycling RWR power on and off did not help, so we had to mute them in the end.

Thus, maybe two bugs: inability to distinguish between lock and search, and RWR not understanding when lock has ceased, even after there are no possible radar contacts in the vicinity and power to RWR has been cycled on and off.

Of course, it could be the radar being bugged instead.

Edited by Cobra847

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem in a mission today. The "lock" tone continued after all enemy aircraft had been shot down, and all friendly aircraft had turned off radars. The only radar that was operating was on the ground, which doesn't normally seem to trigger the RWR at all.

• 1 month later...

ground does lock you, just not always.

Sometimes it'll just set your rwr off a couple times, and then a few seconds later you're in pieces. Other times, you'll get locked by something on the ground, and not be able to get the lock off till you fly behind a mountain...

i think it might depend on the radar system the specific ground unit uses.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I confirm the bug, sometimes the RWR keeps telling you are locked when you are not, always happened to me in Multiplayer, maybe it has something to do with the Detection "angle" your RWR has, I mean, if you get locked, and then you turn to an angle where de RWR does not track, it keeps telling the lock and the bug starts

Edited by il_corleone

• 1 month later...

Not sure if is the same... but F4 Phantoms illuminate my Mig from any position. They are turning away from my Mig and I see where they are just by watching the SPO lights. (no locks just normal illumination)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least