Weapons and Specs

26-J39

Hi all,

Firstly just want to thank Leatherneck Sims for all their hard work!

Loving the Mig. :) (more FPS be nice tho :D)

Question is where is there any information on the Mig's weapons and specs? Surely this would be in the manual but I cannot find anything. With all the different A-A missile variants how am I know what is what?

Surely i'm missing something ?? :helpsmilie:

Encycopedia in game has lots of info... Pretty much fab-100 is useless against buildings..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Α2Α missiles

RS-2US : Air to air radar beam riding missile

R-3R : Air to air (require radar)

R-55 : improved and IR homing version of RS-2US

R-3S : Almost the same missile as AIM-9B

R-13M : Improved IR guided R-3, still rear aspect, but is longer range, more reliable, and more G tolerant

R-13M1 : further improved, but still rear aspect, more or less similar to AIM-9P

R-60A : IR, very short range and low efficiency warhead, but is more agile, can be fired when pulling lots of G, more reliable tracking of agile targets, can be shot and still track at very close ranges

R-60M : overall slightly improved, but most important feature is limited all aspect capability that allows the missile to lock on from side / up / down aspects too, but apparently not from front.

Rockets

S-24A: Fragmentation warhead

S-24B: Anti-bunker warhead

A2A Missiles

IR

R-3S 8km/2Km (Rear Aspect only)

R-13M1 17Km/3Km (Rear Aspect only)

R-60M 8Km/3Km (Rear Aspect only)

R-55 5Km/3Km

Radar Guided

R-3R 8Km/2-3Km (All Aspect)

RS-2US [K-5] 5Km/3Km

A2G Missiles

Kh-66 10Km 100Kg warhead

Bombs

BL 755 Cluster bomb for armored targets and vehicles

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Keep in mind that the manual is not final and we must be thankful that LN released it with acknowledging that. It will be there but not now. Wiki is also your friend, FAS, etc...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 months later...

Encyclopedia

:music_whistling:Speaking of the Encyclopedia, is that where we get info on Armor, Wepaons etc ? it is so lacking, anyone got any ideas where to find the nitty gritty on which country has what weapons, and a beter way to build missions without guessing what a ZIL 131 Kung is, or where to find a tank for the Blue Side ?? And the consistency of weapons names from one area to another in the games is really difficult...like the manuals and game play, or the encyclopedia... grrrr :pilotfly: :joystick:

Since this thread already exists, is there a pilot with an idea to successfully employ the BL-755?

Tried two approaches:

fast low level drop (750km/h, 100m, level flight) - no explosions at all

dive drop (600km/h, 1000m, 30° dive) - one big explosion, no clustering

so any ideas are welcome :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The LUAs suggest, that the canister opens after 4 seconds. So a higher altitude should give a wider spread. But I can't tell how the spread actually should look like - afaik the bomblets of the BL-755 are about the size and shape of tennis balls - so they probably follow the initial ballistic trajectory quite densely packed. But if this is realistic, I can't say. But the BL-755 definition in the LUAs look somewhat rudimentary and I would not be too surprised if this weapon is not too exactly modelled atm.

Thanks guys,

that was my concern. Let's hope for the future...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]