Question about radar after lock

anlq

Hi

Im struggling with learning new (obsolete) radar system of the MiG21.

But I find my radar is a little different from the manual. It has no gap in the horizontal line after lock on a target.

Anyone has any clue ?

Thank you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104941&stc=1&d=1411547230

And this is the manual.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104942&stc=1&d=1411547230

1.thumb.jpg.456d9aad3337949ab56db3653011656a.jpg

2.jpg.2b5f26d9fbca36c4bd4ff27611e4422b.jpg

The horizontal gap appears after you get closer to the target. As you can see, the vertical bars are just at the edge of the screen, meaning that you are quit far out.

The dynamic launchzone (gap in the horizontal bar) appears once you get closer.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hi

Im struggling with learning new (obsolete) radar system of the MiG21.

But I find my radar is a little different from the manual. It has no gap in the horizontal line after lock on a target.

Anyone has any clue ?

Thank you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104941&stc=1&d=1411547230

And this is the manual.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104942&stc=1&d=1411547230

What weapons do you have loaded?

No need for DLZ when IR mode. Tone and later green light will indicate that launch parameters are met. Only use the radar in IR mode to range the target. But if it's another player he will go defensive as soon as you lock him up.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

No need for DLZ when IR mode. Tone and later green light will indicate that launch parameters are met. Only use the radar in IR mode to range the target. But if it's another player he will go defensive as soon as you lock him up.

Are you talking about the green light on the ASP, or one of the lights in the column of 3 to the right of the ASP? I can never get the latter to light up.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

one of the lights in the column of 3 to the right of the ASP? I can never get the latter to light up.

40. RS-2US missile 1 readiness light

41. RS-2US missile 2 readiness light

42. R-60 missiles readiness light

LN manual, page 45.

Best regards,

Tango.

I thought I read somewhere that it meant IR missile had a valid lock - not sure where though.

Best regards,

Tango.

Right, that's what the training mission says, but when I'm 50 m behind something with the pipper following him and lock tone, I expect the missile seeker head to be tracking. Yet, no lights!

Probably a bug, or the training mission has the wrong missiles. Was just wondering if those lights come on for anyone else.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I think you need to have radar missile set up for firing for the gap to appear. That's clearly not the case in the picture.

You're right.

After reviewing the training mission. I found out the "radar" problem is missile selection. R60 is point and shoot, i have to aim the pipper on target, not just locking on.

P/s light and lock tone with r60 is a bug.