In-game mouse look question

Dumb_As_Toast

Howzit folks.

First I'd like to say that I'm new to DCS and to the forums and that I'm excited to be a (small) part of this amazing project!

Secondly, I've got a question which I hope someone can help me with. Dunno if I'm just being dumb or what but I would love to have this sorted out because it will make life a helluva lot easier mid-mission!

I love the ability to look around the cockpit and outside with the mouse, along with being able to adjust seat height and zoom using the scroll wheel. But here's the killer: how can I retain all this functionality AND be able to click on various switches around the pit as and when required? Is it a huge process to set up, or is there a simple function under the options menu I have to set to get this sorted?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!:helpsmilie:

System: i5 760k stock standard, Intel DP55WG, 6gb Patriot DDR3-1333, 1 x 500gb HDD, 1 x 1tb HDD, Gigabyte GTX460SE (1gb DDR-5 256bit), 23" Philips LED, keyboard, mouse, gamepad, PATIENCE!!! :pilotfly:

Dutchman Design Co : http://dutchmandesignco.co.za

Hi and welcome!

There is a possibility to solve this by editing one single line in one LUA file. Solution is written HERE and you can write a word or two to the devs there and join my "wishlist" entry :thumbup:

Edited by Suchacz

Hi and welcome!

There is a possibility to solve this by editing one single line in one LUA file. Solution is written HERE and you can write a word or two to the devs there and join my "wishlist" entry :thumbup:

Thanks man, will have a look! :thumbup:

System: i5 760k stock standard, Intel DP55WG, 6gb Patriot DDR3-1333, 1 x 500gb HDD, 1 x 1tb HDD, Gigabyte GTX460SE (1gb DDR-5 256bit), 23" Philips LED, keyboard, mouse, gamepad, PATIENCE!!! :pilotfly:

Pretty sure pressing Control and C switches between mouse look on and off, then you should be able to click just fine. Just remember to hit Control C after you are done if you want mouse look back on.

Yes, you can do that also with middle mouse button double click (imho more convenient than keyboard), but the question was how to look around with mouse while being able to click without switching the mouse mode. ;) I too wish for this to be in DCS as an option.

Actually we had that mouse click and pan mode when it was back to DCSBS1. But it was a terrible experience to use...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Actually we had that mouse click and pan mode when it was back to DCSBS1. But it was a terrible experience to use...

Dunno mate, would make my life MUCH easier TBH, but for now I'm coping with the keyboard shortcuts (I thank Photoshop and Illustrator for this!). I think it should be a feature in DCS World which you can switch on and off in the options menu. Everybody has their own opinions and preferences, but that's what makes life awesome!

Thanks for all the other replies btw. Cheers. :thumbup: