Key settings

KAGZakhar

Dear, Letherneck.

Thank you for the awesome MiG!

Can I ask you to change some keyboard settings:

-To add two buttons to select the desired pylon: key for Clockwise and key Counterclockwise;

-Control of switches you have realized by two or three keys. Add to them one more, pls, for managment with single keys (On-Off switch);

-Management Covers you realized with the individual keys. In addition to this, do, please, that the Covers been opened on the first pressing, and the button underneath on the second pressing by the same key. Jettison weapon or drop chute, for example, request two keys at least;

It is necessary to assign more important functions to joystick and, in my opinion, to improve the usability your beautiful product.

And becouse this is standart for DCS mods, i think.

Thx you in advance.

:smilewink:

Sorry for my poor english.

From Russia with love

Edited by =KAG=Zakhar

i7_2600K/GA_Z68/16Gb/nV780GTX3Gb/SSD/Win10_64Bit/TM Warhtog/CH Pedals/TrackIR_4Pro/27" 1920x1080

FC3; SU-27S; F-15C; SU-25; KA-50; A-10C; CA; UH-1H; Mi-8MTV2; MiG-15bis; F-86F; P-51D; Fw190D-9; Bf109K-4; Spitfire LF Mk.IX; MiG-21bis; L-39C; Mirage 2000C

I have also a question/request.

Regarding the flaps control: I really don't understand why we don't have keyboard assignments for flaps positions IN, TAKE-OFF, LANDING? Only Take-Off "Joystick" (whatever this means). So we can map those assignments in our profiles and control flaps with switches on our HOTASes. As I wrote in some other thread, we can even control switch covers for some switches by keyboard, and yet there is no key to move the flaps for IN to LANDING position. Only step by step.

If I am wrong, please let me know which keys are assigned to do that. :helpsmilie:

OK, please tell me to which keyboard commands are they mapped to.

For example:

Flaps up = l ctrl + f

Flaps take off = r ctrl + f

Flaps landing = r ctrl + r alt + f

Because, when I open DCS options, there are empty fields next to these commands so I don't know which keys to map in TARGET profile.

Thanks!

I have some suggestions too:

- more controllable exes, especially throttle rotator, target size, intercept angle, channels.. some volume knobs would be useful too and pylon and weapon type selector could be easily adjusted with only one knob instead of individual position buttons assignment (could be an alternative).

Tx

Also about protection covers:: there could be an option under custom settings.. something like: automate safety covers?

This is really awesome product!

High5 LS ;)

Tx

Sounds like a good idea. What I was thinking myself is making the switches like toggles. So pressing a key once lifts the cover, and pressing the key again closes the cover.

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Well i clicked under my throttle but you can decide what you want. just click under keyboard in front of say, flaps up. Click on "add" and then choose which key you want then click ok. Easy as pie.

The problem is that when I wanted to add a key to flaps up, the ADD button was not clickable so I couldn't do that. But I can't try it now to check if it is working because my MiG-21 module is not working at the moment.

Speaking of axes, I would like that we could assign wheel brakes to an axe.

And I like the cover switches idea! :thumbup:

The problem is that when I wanted to add a key to flaps up, the ADD button was not clickable so I couldn't do that. But I can't try it now to check if it is working because my MiG-21 module is not working at the moment.

Speaking of axes, I would like that we could assign wheel brakes to an axe.

And I like the cover switches idea! :thumbup:

You can assign wheel brakes to an axis, I assigned mine to the toe brakes of my ch pedals...

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Sounds like a good idea. What I was thinking myself is making the switches like toggles. So pressing a key once lifts the cover, and pressing the key again closes the cover.

Idea is to use single key and for lifts cover and for turn on function. In additional to separate keys for open/close cover and on/off switch. How it realized by ED.

For example.

Starter P-51d. Press key once - Lift cover. Press again - starter works.

The same at FW190-d.

Edited by =KAG=Zakhar

i7_2600K/GA_Z68/16Gb/nV780GTX3Gb/SSD/Win10_64Bit/TM Warhtog/CH Pedals/TrackIR_4Pro/27" 1920x1080

FC3; SU-27S; F-15C; SU-25; KA-50; A-10C; CA; UH-1H; Mi-8MTV2; MiG-15bis; F-86F; P-51D; Fw190D-9; Bf109K-4; Spitfire LF Mk.IX; MiG-21bis; L-39C; Mirage 2000C

Dear, Letherneck.

Thank you for the awesome MiG!

Can I ask you to change some keyboard settings:

-To add two buttons to select the desired pylon: key for Clockwise and key Counterclockwise;

-Control of switches you have realized by two or three keys. Add to them one more, pls, for managment with single keys (On-Off switch);

-Management Covers you realized with the individual keys. In addition to this, do, please, that the Covers been opened on the first pressing, and the button underneath on the second pressing by the same key. Jettison weapon or drop chute, for example, request two keys at least;

It is necessary to assign more important functions to joystick and, in my opinion, to improve the usability your beautiful product.

And becouse this is standart for DCS mods, i think.

Thx you in advance.

:smilewink:

Sorry for my poor english.

From Russia with love

You read my mind mate! Agree 100% :thumbup:

-Management Covers you realized with the individual keys. In addition to this, do, please, that the Covers been opened on the first pressing, and the button underneath on the second pressing by the same key. Jettison weapon or drop chute, for example, request two keys at least

For example.

Starter P-51d. Press key once - Lift cover. Press again - starter works

I don't agree on this one because if you do, you always jettison on the second key press, even if you flipped the wrong cover (by accident of course) or that you suddenly decide to not to jettison your weapons or in the P-51, once the cover is flipped you have to start, no way to change your mind again. Better is to have one keycombo acting as a toggle for the covers and a "related" key combo for the action under the cover.

But... like the way it is now, it's far to complicated.

The cover button should be a toggle, not 2 different key combo's like it is now. It makes things way to complicated.

Example:

Jettison_Outer_Pylons_Safety_Cover_Open = {RSHF INS}

Jettison_Outer_Pylons_Safety_Cover_Close = {RSHF RCTL INS}

Jettison_Outer_Pylons = {RALT INS}

The first two should be joined together in a toggle mode by the same key combo. There's no need to make another key combo for closing the cover again since you can't do anything else then close it.

Another example:

Weapon_Release_Cover_Open = {RSHF =}

Weapon_Release_Cover_Close = {RSHF RCTL =}

Weapon_Release = {LALT SPC}

Same here, the Cover_Open and Cover_Close should be one key combo and used as a toggle so no need for the {RSHF RCTL =} key combination (which then can be used for something else).

It are not always covers that deal with this, here's another example:

Pylon_1-2_Power_On = {RSHF m}

Pylon_1-2_Power_Off = {RSHF RCTL m}

One key combination acting as toggle is more then enough.

A few more which could be used as toggle instead of 2 different key combinations (there are a lot more of them):

Pipper_On = {RSHF c}

Pipper_Off = {RSHF RCTL c}

Fix_Net_On = {RSHF x}

Fix_Net_Off = {RSHF RCTL x}

ASP-17_Gunsight_On = {RSHF v}

ASP-17_Gunsight_Off = {RSHF RCTL v}

ASP_Main_Mode_Auto = {LSHF 3}

ASP_Main_Mode_Manual = {LCTL 3}

Lock_View (cycle padlock) = KP.

Unlock_View (stop padlock) = NUMLOCK

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Would also comes handy if we have a key to toggle radar beam mode on/off instead of one key turning it on and another turning it off. Since it is also done by single switch with on and off positions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

• 8 months later...
I have also a question/request.

Regarding the flaps control: I really don't understand why we don't have keyboard assignments for flaps positions IN, TAKE-OFF, LANDING? Only

===========================

Take-Off "Joystick" (whatever this means).

===========================

So we can map those assignments in our profiles and control flaps with switches on our HOTASes. As I wrote in some other thread, we can even control switch covers for some switches by keyboard, and yet there is no key to move the flaps for IN to LANDING position. Only step by step.

If I am wrong, please let me know which keys are assigned to do that. :helpsmilie:

What that means is the 3 "joystick" flap positions are assignable.

I have 3 buttons on the backside of my CH Products Pro Throttle. Using CH Control Manager in Direct Mode I set one button for Landing Flaps Out (down), another button for Takeoff Flaps Out (down), and another button for Flaps In (up). The Flaps In button will raise the flaps all the way in or up in one continuous action whether the flaps are fully extended or just part way. I try to setup my CH controllers the same way for all my various DCSW sim aircraft so I do not go nuts relearning each aircraft as to muscle memory moves with my fingers and have some sense of uniformity.

This assignable joystick action works great. I did not have to figure out what key combinations assignments that were not being utilized to define each action. All I did was directly assign a button to each.

As a test I chose Instant Action: Takeoff , as I am just setting up my controllers and am not yet ready to figure out the cold start how-to.

There is a Flaps Out light indicator to know if the flaps are out or in.

Thanks for this thread to figure out this flaps issue. I wanted to see what others were doing, then it came to me how to setup the flaps 3-positions.

I also have the option of assigning keyboard key sequence functions using programmable G-keys to my Logitech G510 keyboard. I purchased this keyboard for the 54 assignable buttons when I started out with DCS. This allows the joystick type controllers for me to be utilized for typical HOTAS.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't agree on this one because if you do, you always jettison on the second key press, even if you flipped the wrong cover (by accident of course) or that you suddenly decide to not to jettison your weapons or in the P-51, once the cover is flipped you have to start, no way to change your mind again. Better is to have one keycombo acting as a toggle for the covers and a "related" key combo for the action under the cover.

But... like the way it is now, it's far to complicated.

The cover button should be a toggle, not 2 different key combo's like it is now. It makes things way to complicated.

Example:

Jettison_Outer_Pylons_Safety_Cover_Open = {RSHF INS}

Jettison_Outer_Pylons_Safety_Cover_Close = {RSHF RCTL INS}

Jettison_Outer_Pylons = {RALT INS}

The first two should be joined together in a toggle mode by the same key combo. There's no need to make another key combo for closing the cover again since you can't do anything else then close it.

Another example:

Weapon_Release_Cover_Open = {RSHF =}

Weapon_Release_Cover_Close = {RSHF RCTL =}

Weapon_Release = {LALT SPC}

Same here, the Cover_Open and Cover_Close should be one key combo and used as a toggle so no need for the {RSHF RCTL =} key combination (which then can be used for something else).

It are not always covers that deal with this, here's another example:

Pylon_1-2_Power_On = {RSHF m}

Pylon_1-2_Power_Off = {RSHF RCTL m}

One key combination acting as toggle is more then enough.

A few more which could be used as toggle instead of 2 different key combinations (there are a lot more of them):

Pipper_On = {RSHF c}

Pipper_Off = {RSHF RCTL c}

Fix_Net_On = {RSHF x}

Fix_Net_Off = {RSHF RCTL x}

ASP-17_Gunsight_On = {RSHF v}

ASP-17_Gunsight_Off = {RSHF RCTL v}

ASP_Main_Mode_Auto = {LSHF 3}

ASP_Main_Mode_Manual = {LCTL 3}

Lock_View (cycle padlock) = KP.

Unlock_View (stop padlock) = NUMLOCK

These issues and a whole lot more can be achieved using the programming features of the CH Products "CH Control Manager" in Mapped Mode if you so wish to do so. The process is quite intense as to the learning curve. The 104th Phoenix's "Crunch" (username) is one such individual that will steer you in the correct path to get on your way and at CH Hangar's forum, look up 531_Ghost (username) or Bob Church. Of course this is only unique to the CH Products controllers.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]