DCS: MiG-21Bis "Fishbed" in-game eye candies

Quent

Hey guys, I came up with the idea that we should gather up some of our best in-game screenshots in here (if it does not already exist!) It can be a screenshot taken whilst the MiG-21 is deployed in action or anything else!

I'll start with some screenshots I made on a multiplayer server :D :

(The following pictures were taken during a landing approach and during the landing itself.)

eNFufFI.png

A selfie !

VPMJ9il.png

XJpukjX.png

OHlTP5f.png

pB2fnIP.png

v0u4LT5.png

The aircraft stopped on the runway short after the landing, preparing to park.

1Z3Spnz.png

Kind regards,

Quentin.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic105862_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

Fantastic screen shots guy's.....

The detail and love that's been put into this Mig is simply awesome. They really did do a great job with it. My only worry is are they going to tone down the detail in the next update to help solve the FPS issue?

The fourth screen shot by the OP, the undercarriage leg shot......just look at the detail on the bulkhead of the u/c wheel well, and the rivets on the U/C door.....awesome work LN.

Keep them screenies coming.....:thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

QUENT,

How do you get so close to the ACFT when you take your screenshots, I cannot zoom in anywhere near that close.

Very Nice shots also:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

QUENT,

How do you get so close to the ACFT when you take your screenshots, I cannot zoom in anywhere near that close.

Very Nice shots also:thumbup:

Hey Tusler, thank you for the compliment :D.

I was able to zoom that much with accuracy simply because those screenshots were taken from a replay.

Even if you're not watching a replay, you can zoom that much by using the F11 camera view, which will first be in vicinity of the major airports, thus you'll have to find the aircraft that you want to screenshot manually using the mouse wheel (by scrolling up and down to move forward or backward) and moving your mouse in order to move into the desired general direction.

Please note that if you want to take accurate screenshots of an aircraft, the best option would be to simply play on a multiplayer (or a single player) mission and then play the track (you'll find all your recorded tracks in the following repertory path: C: Users / My Saved Games / DCS / Tracks). Once you loaded the track, simply use the F11 camera view and put the track in slow motion, this way you'll have time to roam around with the camera and get the angles of view that you desire on the aircraft that you want to screenshot.

(Nota bene: The camera goes through entities such as aircrafts, that's how I got "into" the cockpit in order to take the selfie :D. Good luck and please don't forget to post your screenshots here ;)!).

Yours, Quent.

Kind regards,

Quentin.

Just a quick tip- intead of using F11 camera and searching for your plane you can always drop current view into free moving camera. You do that by LCTRL+F11. With it you can view your aircraft in F2 view and by pressing LCTRL+F11 you can detach camera from object and move it freely.

Thank you Corvus, it's true that I've forgotten to mention this option, which is the easiest of them all. Quick reminder, using slow-motion tracks to take your screenshots is still the best way to take accurate screenshots like in-cockpit screenshots or under-carriage screenshots.:thumbup:

Kind regards,

Quentin.

• 3 weeks later...
Fantastic screen shots guy's.....

The detail and love that's been put into this Mig is simply awesome. They really did do a great job with it. My only worry is are they going to tone down the detail in the next update to help solve the FPS issue?

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm pretty sure the initial release with the uber-polygons was because the MiG-21 was originally slated to be released with DCSW 2.0. I imagine that we get those polys back when 2.0 (and the optimized graphics engine) is released.