DCS: MiG-21 Change Log - 24/9/2014

Cobra847

Hey Guys,

Some small adjustments and one critical fix were included in today's DCS update.

These are just changes that were either made just after the release build was frozen, or a few hours after the MiG-21 went live. Thus, it does not contain the lions' share of bugfixing or performance improvements that have been made since release.

We will keep you posted as best we can as to when we can deploy that patch.

Big thanks to you all for your patience and support! We're working hard that you all get the smoothest experience possible ASAP.

Changelog below:

DCS MiG-21bis Rev. 1350 (September 19th) (DCS Version 1.2.10 32275 Update 2)

-- Fixed Force Feedback joystick functionality and constant buzzing.

-- Reversed and corrected HSI pointer logic (Circle end is now tail!) (MANUAL & TRAINING MISSIONS NOT CORRECTED TO REFLECT THIS YET)

-- Minor improvement in Cockpit framerate (3-10%)

-- Adjusted several missions, added several mission images.

-- Added “Destroyed Hulk” model and textures.

-- Corrected several protruding objects in external cockpit model.

-- Minor adjustments in FM (Note: High altitude performance and idle engine drag changes not in this rev.)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

DCS MiG-21bis Rev. 1350 (September 19th)

-- Reversed and corrected HSI pointer logic (Circle end is now tail!) (MANUAL & TRAINING MISSIONS NOT CORRECTED TO REFLECT THIS YET)

-- Minor adjustments in FM (Note: High altitude performance and idle engine drag changes not in this rev.)

All these informations and fix are available today ?

Thanks for your answers.

Skull

Yes, they are in the patch available now.
My DCS is this version: 1.2.10.32275.524 and I would like if it's the last and new version ?

Other new version is available ?

DCS MiG-21bis Rev. 1350 (September 19th) is better than 1.2.10.32275.524 ?

Bye, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

If you don't have update for today (24) than you can manually force update by this:

Clipboard01.png.9d42fa778b49e2ca87daa2f547891938.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

My DCS is this version: 1.2.10.32275.524 and I would like if it's the last and new version ?

Other new version is available ?

DCS MiG-21bis Rev. 1350 (September 19th) is better than 1.2.10.32275.524 ?

Bye, Skull.

There's only one patch. If you updated today, you have the latest. MiG-21 rev. 1350 is included in the latest ED patch (which I'm almost sure is the .524 update).

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Guys a great thanks for your answers.

Bye, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Hey Guys,

Some small adjustments and one critical fix were included in today's DCS update.

These are just changes that were either made just after the release build was frozen, or a few hours after the MiG-21 went live. Thus, it does not contain the lions' share of bugfixing or performance improvements that have been made since release.

We will keep you posted as best we can as to when we can deploy that patch.

Big thanks to you all for your patience and support! We're working hard that you all get the smoothest experience possible ASAP.

Changelog below:

DCS MiG-21bis Rev. 1350 (September 19th)

I updated to 1.2.10 32275 Update 2 today (9/24). Your rev level and timing of your bug fixes confused me as I'm sure it confused others.

Can you confirm what fixes made it into the "Update 2" update and what changes remain pending?

Also, it would be helpful if you could use the same DCS version nomenclature, in this case 1.2.10 32275 Update 2, when referring to your updates. Avoids confusing the masses.

Thanks.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I updated to 1.2.10 32275 Update 2 today (9/24). Your rev level and timing of your bug fixes confused me as I'm sure it confused others.

Can you confirm what fixes made it into the "Update 2" update and what changes remain pending?

Also, it would be helpful if you could use the same DCS version nomenclature, in this case 1.2.10 32275 Update 2, when referring to your updates. Avoids confusing the masses.

Thanks.

I've added the DCS version to the initial post.

The fixes that made it into Update 2 are listed in the changelog.

The list of fixes for the next MiG-21 update is too long to list currently, but primarily it focuses on Performance and FM adjustments, as well as fixing a bunch of bugs.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thank you for fixing the FFB issue. Made my night... along with drinking rum I shall cruise the unfriendly skies.. !!!

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

So there were 2 updates to DCS MiG 21bis? One last night (24 of September) and one today (25 of September)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I saw this change log too late. After a long pursuit of an enemy fighter yesterday I found myself totally lost with not much fuel left, so I used radio nav to find my way back home. After a few minutes following the circle end of the pointer I felt something wasn't right. The direction didn't concur with what I felt and I couldn't figure out where I was using the map (kneeboard). I then noticed my distance counter was counting up, so I called the ATC on the radio for a bearing. What they told me was the exact opposite of my heading...

In the end I made it back home with just about 100l fuel left but I was totally confused about the HSI pointer. Have I done it wrong all the days before? But it always worked!?

Well, now I know what happened^^

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So there were 2 updates to DCS MiG 21bis? One last night (24 of September) and one today (25 of September)?

Hi zaelu. No, there is only one update released yesterday (fixes for the MiG-21 are listed in the first post). Soon there will be a big update with much more fixes and improvements, but we have to wait a bit more.

Edited by trindade

Thank you trindade!

I was messing with a lot of mods and didn't want to force check myself for any updates made today :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also using the boundary layer (BLC) sps system doesn't seem to make a difference in low speed handling? Has this been reported?

I tried it just a few minutes ago by flying level at 350 km/h and then turning the system off using the switch, I'm positive I saw the expected effects of turning it off and then on again.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Soon there will be a big update with much more fixes and improvements, but we have to wait a bit more.

Great news for this awesome and Incredible module, hard to wait...

Thanks, Skull.

I've added the DCS version to the initial post.

The fixes that made it into Update 2 are listed in the changelog.

The list of fixes for the next MiG-21 update is too long to list currently, but primarily it focuses on Performance and FM adjustments, as well as fixing a bunch of bugs.

Thank you Sir!

Looking forward to the "bug" fix update.:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67