DCS projects

Rob8861

Hi Guys,

this is my personal opinion only but I recently noticed that ED and Partners are releasing more and more modules for legacy aircraft (WWII era, etc). I know a lot of people appreciate that, but I think at this day and age, we should see their resources invested in aircraft models from modern era. enough with the dogfight stuff, nobody does that anymore :).

DCS is probably the most realistic combat sim out there and I am sad to hear every time that a new module for some old arse propeller aircraft is being released. I want to see more modern time airplanes (i know some are in development) and DEFINITELY more helos (I just love the physics of helos that kill me every time) !!!!

there is already a project dedicated just for WWII stuff. that's enough :) the rest should be dedicated to more modern fighter jets, helicopters and StarWars spaceships (just kidding).

Do you agree, disagree?

Cheers,

I agree, wasting time on these crappy old aircraft is near criminal. What we really need is:

Digital Cross-stitch Simulator

Just think of the possibilities...

DCS: Tea With Granny

DCS: Knitting Circle

DCS: "It Wasn't Like That In My Day...."

DCS: Stale Digestive Dipped In Weak Tea

DCS: Retirement Home (scratch and sniff included)

Money in the bank I say!

Get to it ED....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Or DCS trainspotter! Cross-stitch is boring. We already have trains in dcs so ed or a third party just need to code a notepad to write down which train we've spotted and create the 3d model for our trainspotter.

Easy right? And would appeal to a whole new demographic

+1000

To be honest I was thinking to myself "hey where has the next I want modern only thread's been, it's late already" :D

Hey, we could just try to derail this thread and turn it into something new, something exiting, something that will ALL of us entertain to NO END!

I begin!

I wish, ED (BST, LNS, VEAO, etc.) would make an F-16!!!1 They really should! I bet, they could sell a copy or two?

Well, since this is chit chat..

How about DCS Module Maker Module? A dynamic new module making simulator, where you get to design and code a DCS module. You get to make exciting gameplay decisions like 'do I start with a SFM or shall I commit to a PFM?', plus dramatic sub-plots involving 'I saw the discovery channel F-22 documentary, so that's good enough for advanced systems modelling!'.

Actually, that reminds me (OT of course) of a funny meta-game story. The makers of the game 'Game Dev Tycoon' put in some custom piracy protection, in that the DRM would detect that the game was ripped-off but then not inform the player. The aim of the game was to 'make money in a video game' so of course the DRM subtly altered the gameplay so that you couldn't progress over a certain level - with the reason being your title was being pirated.

What made it funnier was that people would write into their forums and say 'hey, this is too hard - my game never makes money and I can't make it to the next level!', and the devs would respond 'yep, we know.'. So eventually the people that pirated it (again, they didn't know the DRM had detected they had) then started to ask 'To get around this 'loss of income due to piracy problem in the game, can we add some sort of DRM as an option?'. :D

Edited by fearlessfrog

Hey, we could just try to derail this thread and turn it into something new, something exiting, something that will ALL of us entertain to NO END!

I begin!

I wish, ED (BST, LNS, VEAO, etc.) would make an F-16!!!1 They really should! I bet, they could sell a copy or two?

Would be more fun to turn it into 'son of the bacon thread'....

Mmmm bacon.....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2