[NO BUG] RP-22SMA

mongol-29

1 - do Not display the screen layout locator mode auto-tracking. [no sighting ring while aiming does not match the Flight manual MiG-21bis]

2 - gyro-stabilization zone of the review are not implemented correctly. The conservation area possible within +30/-25° pitch and +/-70° roll. In the module on the evolution of the pitch is not clear what is happening, judging by the blown highlights and marks, and the roll and 90° is given environment.

Edited by Cobra847

Mongol-29 [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Target is 15km slant and 2,000 above me in altitude. When the target is outside of scan range of the Radar the target mark in the scope changes to 'T' .. which of course is contrary to @pg138 and abouts in the manual.

Of course, we can know why all this is happening. The radar is modelled as being gyroscopically stabilized in the horizontal, while in reality it is non moving and fixed? Somewhere in the modelling... when the contact goes outside the 17.5 degrees Stated limit above nose, the contact still appears because the radar is modelled as stabilized.

The Inverted 'T' returns as normal when nose is raised.... but then... remains when the nose is raised above the target far in excess of the stated -1.5 degree limitation (you can see the red label though the notes below the gunglass.

One thing which remains true to design as modelled of course is the Target lock. You will not be able to lock the target while he remains outside the stated limitations. I can see him even though my nose is up... but I can't lock him.

In conclusion.... the radar is currently heavily modelled off the Horizontally Stabilised BVR Mode '2' of the FC3 aircraft, while it is in search mode.

Screen_140929_044502.jpg

Screen_140929_043930.jpg

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
Furthermore RP-22 SMA did not fire RS-2US. That missile could be fired only from older radars.

Groms too, both have the same tracker, but this was discussed like... a week after the mig-21 came out.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And not only that, but the planes fitted with RP-22 SMA were also fitted with RSBN 6 not RSBN 4 with different NPP and distance indicator. Minor issue though:

Here it is:

http://www.hunavia.hu/TYPE/MiG-21%20base/MiG-21bis/COCKPIT/MiG21BIS_75APCOCKPITIDNo6305/index3.html

Maybe this is only a matter if you look at specific nations. This plane was used in the NVA for 15 years. Maybe LNS simply modelled an older version?

According to my sources the east german air force used the MiG-21bis equipped with a RSBN-5S. :music_whistling:

(Sorry but no direct link possible, website in german http://www.mig-21-online.de/)

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...