DCS Mig-21 questions

Vinny002

There is no autoland with the autopilot. It can fly a part of the approach for you, but it is not designed to land the plane for you. On the SAU Panel, there are 3 green buttons/lights. The middle button/light activates the approach mode and the left button/light activates the flight director approach mode.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hi, guys!

The gauge with the label underneath it which it says engine oxygen feed system is shown in the left AFT side of the cockpit is the oxygen quantity indicator for the pilot's oxygen mask, right? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Edited by Vinny002

The gauge with the label underneath it which it says engine oxygen feed system is shown in the left AFT side of the cockpit is the oxygen quantity indicator for the pilot's oxygen mask, right?

No, that is the oxygen for engine starting. The pilot's oxygen supply is indicated in the forward part of the left panel, the indicator with the flow pulsers.

Airport beacons/markers

Thanks a lot for your answers!

I have another question, coulnd`t find answers in the manual.

How come the inner/outer markers work, if neither of my radio equipment is not tuned on the particular airport? Dothey work on some 'guard' freq?

And another 'more DCS World' question: How the Batumi outer marker works - is it U-Marker, under the sea? :D

Excuse my English, please.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I do as I came over this "problem" while flying the MiG 21.

Yesterday I got into a flat spin at pretty high speed - I set the throttle to idle and tried to get out of it.

But I didn´t have a chance.

The manual doesn´t say much about flat spins and I can´t find much info about flat spin recovery at all.

Are there proper techniques to recover from a flat spin?

Hi, guys!

Question for you, when I get off the taxiway, the dcs mig-21 move I think about 1 inch per second. I think the dcs mig-21 should move easily even when off the taxiway, right? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

This is not a Mig21 issue. This is a DCS issue. Anything not road/taxiway/runway is a swamp or water.

Hi, Buzzles!

That makes sense! Thanks! I looked on the Internet but I cannot seem to find what I'm looking for, do you know how long the oxygen supply in the DCS mig-21 suppose to last? I know the oxygen supply in dcs mig-21 lasts for only about 20 minutes right now because the oxygen in the dcs mig-21 got a bug in it.

Cheers,

Vincent

Quick question (wasn't able to find the answer in the manual) What do the "K" and "T" flags on the KPP stand for?

** edited

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2196998&postcount=24

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thank you!

So the Batumi outer marker must be under water then ... :huh:

Batumi seems to have neither outer nor inner but an NDB only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Quick question (wasn't able to find the answer in the manual) What do the "K" and "T" flags on the KPP stand for?

it should be the same as NPP.

NPP: 'K' denotes beacon localizer, actually, it's 'Г' -> 'G'(english), which denotes the glide path.

Nah, different thing. These are channel failure warning flags for pitch ("T") and roll ("K") channels, used when landing with PRMG and SAU auto or direct modes. Don't ask me how to use them though, because so far I've been using PRMG "manually" and didn't bother to learn SAU landing modes.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Negative, I remember for sure that I got marker light and tone on while flying over water on final to Batumi.

I was thinking its wierd.

That's coded by mig21. You can check the map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]