New additions to DCS

Tomhatter

What about adding rain effects to the cockpits of the aircraft? I think this was implemented in FS2004 at one point and it was a really nice feature.

Are there any plans of adding actually infantry soldiers in the DCS World? Having the ability to see large groups of soldiers, (Regiments, Division, etc), when they're deployed. Maybe giving us the opportunity to be any member of the infantry or paratrooper unit, in the role of first person shooter. Troops could be deployed via helicopters or transport airplanes. Now we could start talking about a true multi-role combat environment-online. Who wouldn't like to see a CH-47 or 53 and a C-130, C-17, C-5, II-76, AN-124, 225, etc.

I doubt they will give us control of individual infantry units. Not that it wouldn't be interesting but then we are kinda going into the realm of COD and ARMA.

With infantry - I'd like to see troops being transported on the Mi8 and UH-1 we already have. On transport planes would be cool too if and when we get one.

I doubt they will give us control of individual infantry units. Not that it wouldn't be interesting but then we are kinda going into the realm of COD and ARMA.

With infantry - I'd like to see troops being transported on the Mi8 and UH-1 we already have. On transport planes would be cool too if and when we get one.

Already possible, but with scripts...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think even very basic infantry mechanics like the shooting in m&b napoleonic wars would suffice. Make it low poly but still fun. It would feel a lot more satisfying knowing you were supporting actual players.

I guess DCS Digital COMBAT Simulator does not exclude infantry by definition, it doesn't say

Digital Aircraft Simulator or Digital Aero Simulator.... LoL

Many years down the road we might get it. I would not put my hope on anything the next 2-3 years for this expansion.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X