Annoying throttle control on Saitek X52

I have just started with the lessons for p-51. But I find the throttle control on the x-52 annoying.

When I try to set low rpm's I constantly struggle with the extra force being needed around the 20% area of the throttle control. I need to hit RPM's in this area for the lesson to advance, and have to balance the throttle right on a "bump" on the controller. I don't see the purpose of creating the controller with this feature. It is usable at the top, to control afterburner in jets but why have it in the low area? I wan't the throttle to move smoothly all the way.

I would like to turn it off (can't be done without taking the controller apart and modify it I guess)

or find a setup where the lowest part before the bump is not used.

Any ideas or should I just learn to accept this "bump"? :mad:

Edited by kludermor

Have you tried adjusting the axis curve in the control options? Or for the lesson, change the controls to a different axis or button.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I have just started with the lessons for p-51. But I find the throttle control on the x-52 annoying.

When I try to set low rpm's I constantly struggle with the extra force being needed around the 20% area of the throttle control. I need to hit RPM's in this area for the lesson to advance, and have to balance the throttle right on a "bump" on the controller. I don't see the purpose of creating the controller with this feature. It is usable at the top, to control afterburner in jets but why have it in the low area? I wan't the throttle to move smoothly all the way.

I would like to turn it off (can't be done without taking the controller apart and modify it I guess)

or find a setup where the lowest part before the bump is not used.

Any ideas or should I just learn to accept this "bump"? :mad:

Adjustable with the screw on left side of throttle but removing the detent makes it smooth all the way but also makes the throttle more "loose" in my mind. Try adjusting it first.

Have you tried adjusting the axis curve in the control options? Or for the lesson, change the controls to a different axis or button.

Yup, though using saturation instead of curvature retains linearity while changing... You'll see :)

Remove the detent. Easy and reversible.
And that's my work: [X52Pro] Removing Throttle Detent (1280px Photos!) :)
  • Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thank you all for the replies.

I took the controller apart and removed the detent.

Easy. Nice guide from Devrim and Greb.

Works perfect now.

English is not my main language so had a lot of trouble googleling my problem. And detent was not in my vocabulary :)

• Like 1

The search doesn't see it. I'll poke the admin.

Regular users cannot edit a post title.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: