[RESOLVED] Rudder Authority During Taxi Exaggerated

Flagrum

On the ground it is possible to perform turns without applying the brakes, just by actuating the rudder pedals. This happens for speeds as low as 5+ km/h. It is possible to turn 360 deg. on a wide(ish) runway without problems just with the rudder.

According to the DCS manual, first hand reports and by laws of physics this should not be possible. (Assumptions: the nose wheel is freely pivoting and is not steerable at all - as first hand reports and DCS and RL manuals seem to suggest).

This issue was discussed in the 21 main forum already - further details can be found there. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130972

(@mods: perhaps that thread can be appended here?)

Edited by Cobra847

Thank you Flagrum,

steering is relaxed to support vast majority of casual players who described braking as "extremely complex" during myriad of tests with "realistic" breaking.

We had to do it.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Flagrum,

steering is relaxed to support vast majority of casual players who described braking as "extremely complex" during myriad of tests with "realistic" breaking.

We had to do it.

Very disappointed to hear this. Unacceptable in DCS, IMO.

Could you not make it one of those special options, like the engine management? It could even default on. Please?

+1

Thank you Flagrum,

steering is relaxed to support vast majority of casual players who described braking as "extremely complex" during myriad of tests with "realistic" breaking.We had to do it.

This is why we play DCS and not HAWX and such, is it not?

Bring it back.

As option at least.

Thank you Flagrum,

We had to do it.

Uhhhm ... then those should prepare for a surprise if they are going to land that beast - that is where I am struggeling with atm. Taxiing is probably the easiest part of handling the MiG, in my (limited) experience so far. :o)

Differential braking in the Dora and some specialities with the Sabre ... then the MiG can not really be that hard to drive around? Hrmm ...

Could you not make it one of those special options, like the engine management? It could even default on. Please?

+1!

Yes, pretty please! "Taxi Assistance 0-100%" to tune the degree of artifical nose wheel steering.

As it is right now, one can even get away with it and never has to use diff. braking at all - if you taxi foresightfully. :(

Differential braking in the Dora and some specialities with the Sabre ... then the MiG can not really be that hard to drive around? Hrmm ...

I agree, had a very difficult time taxiing the Dora and Mustang until I had some practice. Now its easier, but still somewhat challenging.

No matter how difficult something is, I always enjoy the challenge, and getting better. Besides I really enjoy the "quirks" of each aircraft.. Really differentiates the different a/c

Too complex for casuals? Okay, that's fine, make it a Game mode only feature then please.

For sim mode however it should be as the real aircraft is.

Differential braking isn't hard to understand as per the manual, it's just pull the lever and then actuate the rudder. People seem to be coping with it in the Dora, and they're going to have to deal with it further for the BF109k (and ME262 when that lands in 2015).

I'm not demanding it's inclusion as it's a fairly small thing out of the overall module, and I do understand some concessions have to be made (like the extended viewing angles et al) but it's not exactly like other parts of the module aren't complex or very specific in the way they have to be performed, and it is glaringly at odds with the manual.

Edited by Buzzles