DCS WWII Kickstarter Backer Aircraft SN Not Work With Steam

Allen63

Pretty much all my games are Steam now. Have DCS and most of the DCS DLC on Steam.

As DCS WWII Kickstarter backer ($100), I have 5 aircraft coming. I selected FW190 and got a serial number -- on the "backer's" page.

Now, this site says the serial numbers I get here will not work on Steam. Not good.

Is there a way to activate the DCS WWII FW190 on Steam using the serial number I got as a result of backing DCS WWII Kickstarter for $100?

Thanks for the answers guys.

I've just downloaded the DCS stand-alone program. Not installed yet.

Though I'll soon find out, I'll ask anyway -- will the Steam DLC serial numbers activate DLC with the stand-alone program? Not excited to repurchase everything, of course :)

Thanks for the answers guys.

I've just downloaded the DCS stand-alone program. Not installed yet.

Though I'll soon find out, I'll ask anyway -- will the Steam DLC serial numbers activate DLC with the stand-alone program? Not excited to repurchase everything, of course :)

Yep, you can use serial numbers from Steam, GameFly, etc, with the standalone version, so you can take advantage of sales everywhere. :thumbup:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

No benifits of having it on steam,in fact non-steam version will give you higher fps.

if u use 100% steam u gain:

-cheaper modules

-you can buy modules for other gifts/game items/steam items like emoticons etc (i have all modules except mig, dora and mi-8 and i spent $0 on DCS)

-steam overlay with friends/chat/music etc

-some says updater its better (didnt try standalone myself)

cant come up with more ;p

well, if u have module on standalone already yes, there's no point (you can always sell it and buy on steam- thats what i have done). Also, its rly hard to use 100% of it without diggin rly deep :P

Edited by felthat

if u use 100% steam u gain:

-cheaper modules

Not really true, ED has sales and also usually discounts modules when they are first announced for beta release. Also can catch sales at Gamefly etc...

-you can buy modules for other gifts/game items/steam items like emoticons etc (i have all modules except mig, dora and mi-8 and i spent $0 on DCS)
Not sure what value to the sim that adds buy maybe I don't understand.

-steam overlay with friends/chat/music etc
You can still add DCS World to Steam manually and use the overlay.

-some says updater its better (didnt try standalone myself)
In the past speed made a difference, but that does not seem to be a problem anymore. Actually you get updates available through the standalone sooner.

One big thing for me is quick access to the modules, with Steam, you are going to be waiting 2-3 weeks for a module to be available after it has been released on the standalone.

Almost every other game/sim I have is on Steam, and it has it's great points, but for DCS I saw no benefit and only drawbacks to having it there.

:beer:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Thats why i was rly heavy on that 100%, i meant every function, deep mechanic or economic trick. I'm right. (sry i cannot get into details)

Also with those items i was talkin about steam benefits, not sim on steam- my bad sry ;P Still if u decide to buy em on steam, you can use that option later

• Like 1

Thats why i was rly heavy on that 100%, i meant every function, deep mechanic or economic trick. I'm right. (sry i cannot get into details)

You probably shouldn't since you indicated that you haven't paid for any of the modules that you are using.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: